As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
As a Content Designer, you will create user-focused content for products to help make them easy to understand and accessible. You will work in a multidisciplinary design team that includes user researchers, product designers and visual designers.
You’ll use research and evidence to advocate for user needs and develop content that meets them. You’ll also work closely with the team to test and iterate content as you go.
- Design content that meets user needs; facilitating user navigation, on-boarding, promos, error messages, and other components of the end-to-end user experience ensuring it’s easy to understand and brings delight.
- Drive vision for product language and content across our products, and ensure cohesive product narratives. Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Collaborate with product designers, users researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Contribute to prototypes, including taking part in usability testing with user researchers, with a focus on content.
- Educate cross-functional partners on the role of content strategy and UX writing throughout the product development process, frequently sharing the thinking and evidence behind your work.
- Work with and guide senior stakeholders and influence decision-making with a strong evidence base of user needs, including presenting
- Understand accessibility principles, keeping up to date with best practices for inclusive design and how we can support universal access
- Contribute to written reports
- 3+ years of experience in Content Design and/or UX writing
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- Created user-centered content for products at different stages of their development
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Articulate the reasoning behind copy choices.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- Leans into a big-picture mindset that considers not just copy but the entire user experience.
- Has produced UX writing style guides as part of the Product Design system
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence (with and without formal authority) engineering, design, and product management teams.
- Experience in user-focused product writing including work in hardware, software, digital agency, or other relevant product areas.
- A portfolio of work/case studies illustrating your impact of content design / UX writing
- Using user research and evidence to inform the design of content and user journeys.
- Experience working with product teams and engineers within an agile framework environment.
- Prioritise and manage work, working to multiple timelines.
- High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos.
- Continually looking to learn and grow as a designer.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Work cross-geographies with team members.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Español.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.