Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st-century company.
Supporting the Hosts and guests who use Airbnb every day is critical to the success of our business. We’re looking for a seasoned UX writer, content strategist, or content designer to join our team and focus on up-leveling the end-to-end support experience at Airbnb.
In this role, you'll play a leading role in helping shape our customer-facing product strategy and defining how we communicate with someone when they need our help.
- Define the content strategy for customer support-related tools like our Help Center, chatbot, agent tooling, or phone tree (IVR).
- Write clear and concise copy across multiple product touchpoints.
- Contribute to a team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists.
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout product development to improve the experience and ensure consistency across platforms.
- Work with cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance user needs with business goals.
- Help people who use Airbnb feel welcome and empowered, writing content that’s consistent with Airbnb's mission of belonging.
- Work with other content strategists to maintain and evolve writing guidelines and help evangelize those resources across the company.
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content strategy.
- Approach all of your work with a global mindset, advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our translations team to improve quality.
- Share your work with other content strategists, provide feedback on their work, and contribute to the team through mentoring, onboarding, and recruiting.
- 5+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, or content strategy on a product team. Chatbot or conversation design experience is a plus.
- Strong track record of writing nuanced, empathetic content and guidelines for handling sensitive situations.
- Bulletproof writing and editing skills.
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns.
- Comfortable working in an engineering environment and technical product area and proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners.
- Experience writing content principles and style guides.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for Airbnb’s mission, commitment to diversity, and global mindset.
- Portfolio of writing samples.
Interested? Apply for this role