This is a remote role. Manager is open for hiring all over the US but should be flexible to work in PT as they will be collaborating with the team in India.
At QuickBooks, world-class design helps power the success of small businesses and self-employed people around the world. Our content designers are involved in every step of a project — from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs. And we’re innovating through machine learning and conversational UI to make every interaction delightfully simple. Get ready to grow — you’ll be challenged to think bolder, move faster, and have a bigger impact. Deep partnerships with amazing designers and engineers make every day a learning experience. We’re inspired by the courage, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit of our small-business customers.
If you’re ready to create bold and elegant solutions that power prosperity around the globe, we want to hear from you.
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years of experience in content design, UX writing, content strategy, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, HCI, Psychology, Interaction Design, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods — especially when it comes to usability and interaction design. You are a designer who works with words.
- Curiosity and commitment to understanding our customers and testing new ideas.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator. You can articulate your rationale for your word choice and design decisions to writers and cross-functional partners alike.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- A portfolio or some examples of previous work that demonstrate your craft and collaborative process (any format will do — a PDF or deck works just as well as a website!).
How you will lead:
- Have fun partnering closely with interaction and visual designers to build easy-to-use products that solve real problems.
- Transform complex financial jargon into conversational, approachable language.
- Craft UI text, product messaging, landing pages, emails, and other project deliverables. We’re hoping you’re up for pushing our voice and tone a bit.
- Help our partners understand the QuickBooks voice and tone system — through examples, training, and review sessions.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, marketers, and researchers. We are one big team, and we value everyone’s insights.
- Eagerly solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews. This really is the fun part.
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry best practices.
- Explore tons of ideas and then narrow it to a few based on relevant design principles and customer research.
- Attend (and maybe even lead!) research sessions with our customers to bolster the quality and impact of your work.
- Work on multiple projects at a time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately. You know where you can have the most impact and you can explain why.
- Content design + content strategy chops: Understands the role that content plays in the product design process and uses content to solve user problems (and business ones). Knows UX design principles and thinks in terms of end-to-end product experiences.
- Mastery of writing craft + ability to adapt to voice and tone guidelines: Can adjust the writing style to align with a content style guide. Can express brand personality appropriately by taking into account context, audience, and format. Knows what an Oxford comma is.
- Excellent communication + collaboration: Strong partner and team player. Can articulate rationale for word choice and design decisions to both writers and cross-functional partners alike. Eagerly solicits feedback and responds constructively to it.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world applications, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Apply for this role