Alpaca is a series A fintech startup that’s raised over $21M in funding. Alpaca builds an API for stock trading that enables developers across the world to build trading algos, applications, and brokerage services.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage specialists, and is backed by a group of prominent investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Elefund, Y Combinator, and highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also a very tech-enthusiastic team with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager with a strong stock/equities trading foundation to lead Alpaca’s content strategy on web, blog, learn, podcasts, research, social, and our contributor network. We’re looking for a thought leader with experience establishing a cohesive content strategy, understanding the market, business, and trends, and the ability to grow traffic to web properties. This role is highly collaborative and in order to succeed, must work cross-functionally across many teams including but not limited to Product, Compliance, Engineering, Community, and more.
The marketing team is 100% distributed and remote. This role is an individual contributor reporting directly to the Director of Marketing.
Scope of Work & Responsibilities
- Create and execute a comprehensive content strategy and content calendar.
- Write, code-review, record, build and ship content that serves developers online.
- Oversee and grow the developer contributor content program.
- Act as strategic liaison between Engineering and developer/trading community by providing continuous community feedback to improve Alpaca's products and create new developer resources.
- Work with Marketing, Product, and Sales to provide expertise and guidance to the developer/trading community.
- Collaborate on campaigns with Marketing teams such as PR & Communications, Acquisition, and Lifecycle.
- Collaborate with growth marketing and self-service team to improve the self-service developer flow.
- Establish metrics and Key Performance Indicators around the impact of the developer/trading content.
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of combined experience in software development and creative and technical content development.
- Experience or basic understanding of one or all of the following languages: Python, Node, Go, C#.
- Proven experience with professional writing with a clear point of view.
- Capable of performing as a compelling storyteller who can engage and educate the developer/trading community.
- Proven ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Experience building online communities or managing community advocacy programs is a plus.
- Experience with SEO content marketing and KPIs is a plus.
- Familiarity or interest in FinTech, financial markets, algorithmic trading, quant trading, investing applications. FinTech work experience is a plus.
- FINRA Series 24 Certification
- Excitement about Alpaca and democratizing access to global markets is a plus!
Interested? Apply for this role