The Amazon Fashion team is looking for a Senior UX Writer to raise the bar on content strategy and messaging for our millions of customers shopping clothing, shoes, and accessories worldwide.
Amazon Fashion is where fashion and cutting-edge technology meet. As America’s ‘Biggest Apparel Retailer’ according to Forbes, we experiment with bold new ideas while leveraging Amazon’s unique strengths. The Amazon Fashion UX Design & Research team is dedicated to being the beacon of design excellence within this exciting, aspirational space. We are passionate about inventing on behalf of the customer, helping them find clothing and apparel inspiration, discover new products, and shop with inclusivity, delight, and ease. We aim to provide intuitive experiences that accommodate our growing and diverse selection while enabling customers to make confident buying decisions, and having fun along the way.
- You have a passion for creating great customer experiences and you take a human-centered approach to content, design, and product development.
- You care deeply about your craft and truly own the words. You produce content that is clear, helpful, human, scalable, inclusive. You’re attuned to the nuances and interpretations of language.
- You help shape product strategy and vision, thinking long term and strategically while still achieving quick wins and short-term objectives.
- You’re an expert at knowing what to say and when to say it — as well as knowing what not to say and what to leave out — always making sure that customers have the right information at the right time.
- You work with cross-functional partners (designers, researchers, product managers, legal, brand, and marketing) to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance customer needs and business goals.
- You’re comfortable with navigating ambiguity and driving toward clarity and solutions.
- You craft content with a global audience in mind, always remembering that your text will be read by non-native speakers in the US and translated into other languages worldwide.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead and drive the adoption of UX writing style guides and implementation with our design system
- Craft clear, concise UI text for the customer experience on desktop and mobile
- Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.
- Influence product strategy, driving mindful discussions with product managers, UX designers, engineers, and stakeholders
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues across the UX team, improving their UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices
- 7+ years of experience as a UX Writer or similar role
- 2+ years of design experience
- Experience creating copy systems, guides, and frameworks
- A web-based portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer
- Working knowledge of the design process and general UX design principles
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience in a large multinational organization
- Proven ability to present to all levels within an organization, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to provide content solutions that scale for a global audience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Interested? Apply for this role