Senior UX Writer / Content Strategist – Kindle / Books Design Studio
Our mission is to inspire readers by making it easy to read more and get more out of reading. In pursuit of this, our 60+ person global Design Studio provides the user research, UX, and brand design for Kindle E-readers, Kindle apps for phones & tablets, Author & Publisher tools, and book shopping experiences used by millions of readers and thousands of authors around the world.
We are looking for a talented Sr. UX Writer with a passion for customer experience, words, and ideas grounded in strategic thinking. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with a talented team of UX Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, and Engineers to help shape the overall customer experience through simple and customer-friendly solutions across numerous surfaces and touchpoints. You will help us create systems and inspired frameworks that drive clarity for our customers and consistency in tone of voice, as well as allow us to scale and move quickly. You have rock-solid presentation skills and an enthusiasm that sells ideas through the lens of strategy and creativity. You will use data and customer insights to drive the best results and continually improve the customer experience.
Key job responsibilities:
- Define, test and iterate UI copy across a variety of touchpoints and parts of the customer experience
- Anticipate customer needs and write innovative and simplified solutions to customer issues
- Use best practices, branding guidelines, research and data to set a scalable copy standard, and drive adherence to UX writing best practices
- Lead and drive the adoption of UX writing tools and frameworks including content research and metrics
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and product strategy to leadership and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues across the UX team, improving their UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices
- 6+ years of experience as a UX Writer or similar role in an agency or in-house setting writing product copy for digital products spanning multiple platforms, use cases and geographies
- Must be proficient in English with exceptional US-based grammar and copywriting skills
- A web-based portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer
- Experience creating copy systems, guides and frameworks
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Experience working with remote teams and an international audience
- Experience writing for voice interactions and voice assistants
- Own, develop and evangelize copy guidelines and tone of voice
- Experience owning and implementing programs related to online content strategy, content delivery tools, content taxonomy and classification, and/or the user experience with content.
- Have strong bias for action in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Self-motivated team player, with refined and assertive leadership skills.
- The ability to influence others to set and achieve goals and deadlines.
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into success metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Interested? Apply for this role