The Prime UX team is looking for a Senior UX Writer to raise the bar on content strategy and messaging for our 150+ million members worldwide.
If you like solving complex conceptual challenges through words and delivering global solutions, this position is for you. We’re looking for a Senior UX Writer who is a fierce advocate for the customer — distilling complex problems into simple workflows and communications. You tirelessly work to understand how customers think and speak, to identify language that is both useful and natural. You collaborate with UX designers and researchers, product managers, marketers, and our brand design team to craft solutions that are strategically sound and help us speak in one voice to our customers and members. You proactively gather research and data about our products and services to inform your decisions. You understand, as we do, that content is a significant part of the customer experience.
Prime UX is a 12-person-strong UX team tasked with thinking holistically about the Prime member experience worldwide. We’re a multi-disciplinary team that includes UX Designers, UX Researchers, and UX Writers. We’re passionate about our customers and are driving big improvements in their experience across their Prime membership customer journey, from introducing customers to the Prime program, increasing customer engagement with their Prime benefits, and working towards Prime's goal of being the Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. Prime UX's mandate from our leadership is to be a critical voice for our internal and external customers, not just within Amazon marketing or Prime, but end-to-end across their journeys. To accomplish this, we measure and improve the Prime member experience with rigorous frameworks that examine customer experience needs; improve how Amazon talks to our customers by understanding the relevance of the conversation to the customer’s context and interest level; and by scaling our team’s global impact with collaboration and self-service tools.
Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in Arlington, VA or Seattle, WA.
- You have a passion for creating great customer experiences and you take a human-centered approach to content, design, and product development.
- You care deeply about your craft and truly own the words. You produce product content that is clear, helpful, human, scalable, inclusive. You’re attuned to the nuances and interpretations of language in.
- You’re also about more than the words. You help shape product strategy and vision, thinking long term and strategically while still achieving quick wins and short-term objectives.
- You’re an expert at knowing what to say and when to say it — as well as knowing what not to say and leave out — always making sure that customers have the right information at the right time.
- You develop content frameworks, voice and tone guidelines, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of UX writing and content strategy.
- You work with cross-functional partners (designers, researchers, product managers, legal, brand, and marketing) to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance customer needs and business goals.
- You’re comfortable with navigating ambiguity and driving toward clarity and solutions.
- You champion content-first approaches and opportunities. You’re proactive about finding ways in which language can make a measurable customer impact.
- You craft content with a global audience in mind, always remembering that your text will be read by non-native speakers in the US and translated into other languages worldwide.
Key job responsibilities:
- Craft clear, concise UI text for the Prime member’s journey
- Define and evangelize content strategies and standards that reflect the voice of Prime and Amazon
- Influence product strategy worldwide, driving mindful discussions with product managers, UX designers, engineers, and stakeholders
- Set standards and drive adherence to UX writing best practices
- Lead and drive the adoption of UX writing tools and frameworks including content research and metrics
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues across the UX team, improving their UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices
- Multitask in an environment with competing priorities and deliverables
- An available online portfolio
- 6+ years of design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or 4+ years of additional experience
- Demonstrated experience and portfolio that showcases UI copy skills - producing copy for product experiences that drives specific outcomes
- Demonstrated experience defining information architecture and content strategy
- Demonstrated experience defining content models
- Working knowledge of the design process and UX design principles
- Master’s Degree in related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated experience producing wireframes, user journeys, user flows
- Experience in a large multinational organisation
- Proven ability to present to all levels within an organization, both verbally and in writing
- Experience developing content solutions that scale for a global audience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Interested? Apply for this role