Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real-world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
Prime Air has an opening for a Technical Writer located in Seattle, WA who has a strong content and technical writing background. As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining high-quality hardware, software, and process documentation for technical and non-technical audiences. You will work closely with engineering, service & support, and operations teams to create first-revisions of key documents during new product development and own document maintenance through the deployment, operations and retirement of systems. Additionally, you will create new documentation and maintain existing libraries for existing hardware/software systems.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams.
- Manage all aspects of the documentation process— including planning, document release and, content maintenance with revision control.
- Create Maintenance Manuals, Checklists, Work Instructions, Inspection Procedures, User Guides
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and reference documentation
- Collaborate with PRIME AIR Support Engineers and continuous improvement experts to optimize and maintain content for usability and accessibility, while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Use writing expertise and extraordinary attention to detail to evaluate, uphold, implement, and evangelize content standards that reflect the voice of Prime Air.
- Help define writing projects and determine priorities.
Export License Control
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- A minimum of 5 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
- 2+ years of experience creating and delivering content publication plans, managing multiple schedules and projects
- Demonstrated experience working with style guides.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or have 5+ years equivalent industry or military experience.
- Experience with MS Office, page layout software, basic image editing tools, wiki/web content tools like Confluence, and ticket tracking systems like Jira
- Basic abilities to interpret mechanical CAD/drawings, system block diagrams, process flow charts, schedules
- Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the customer experience
- Have experience working on technical content for developers, DevOps professionals, and end-users
- Have experience working with hardware service & support teams
- Have knowledge management experience
- A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Interested? Apply for this role