Duration: 6-month contract, possible month to month extensions
One of our large Financial Services clients is looking to add a UX Writer to their team.
If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Lauren Gornik at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply to this posting directly
Our client is growing the Design team to create new and better experiences across our services, so looking for a UX writer to add their talents and imagination to our momentum.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished self-starter who believes financial services can be made easier and more accessible to empower people through thoughtful, intuitive interactions.
This person should be confident working in an environment that is constantly in motion and moving in multiple directions at once. This group is evolving quickly and adapting to capitalize on new opportunities as they present themselves.
The User Experience Writer contributes to product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. This role may also serve as a content strategist, defining product vision and narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
- Reframes product requests as user-centered problems and responds with meaningful, crafted solutions
- Collaborates with creative and client partners to find thoughtful, thorough solutions that address business outcomes and customer needs
- Develops informed points of view and communicates them convincingly while being flexible to input from others
- Influences and is involved in product initiatives at every stage from Discovery and Research through Refinement and Implementation
- Explores a range of options, discarding what doesn’t work as well to discover what works best
- Anchors work in Design Thinking, Key Design System, and Research
- Uses empathy, logic and hard data to inform copy decisions
- Creates copy decks and communicates copy needs to developers
- Promotes a consistent experience across platforms through best practices and copy style guidelines
- Relentless attention to detail
- Contributes to complex, cross-functional projects, and works with leadership to set goals
- Continual knowledge of competitor products and industry trends
- Collaborates with User Research Lead to conduct copy validation such as usability testing
- Integrates qualitative and quantitative research into copy recommendations
- Advocates for Design Thinking and Key Studio principles across the organization
- Passion for intuitive user-centered product experiences
- 5+ years of experience working with UX copy or other forms of interactive, educational, video, or digital product writing
- Know how to work with and influence wireframes and functional specs
- Strong portfolio representing a breadth of experience and industries
- A demonstrated ability to make financial services approachable to everyday users, from consumers and business owners to corporate Treasurers and retail bank managers
- A curiosity to understand and think through every aspect of a user journey, from error states to success criteria
- Skilled at distilling complex feature sets into effortless interactions using simple, succinct language
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Team-first attitude
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing priorities
- Experience navigating a highly-regulated industry with compliance obligations
- Familiarity working with technologies including Workfront, Figma, MS Office, Apple software, Confluence, Cisco WebEx, Slack
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.