Content Strategist - App Store, Arcade & Game Center
Apple is where people do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is challenging and fulfilling. Work that doesn’t always feel like work.
We’re currently growing our Product & Design team to create new and better experiences across our services. As part of that effort, we’re looking for a Content Strategist to join us and focus on the features and futures of the App Store, Apple Arcade, and Game Center.
In this role, you’ll help define the narrative strategy, interface development, and language systems for how the App Store — the world’s largest and most innovative software store — works across various platforms, including iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS and web. The App Store experience also includes Apple Arcade — the world’s first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room. Combined with Game Center – Apple’s social gaming network that enables achievements, leaderboards and rich multiplayer experiences across games – Apple provides an incredible variety of gameplay experiences for everyone.
- Excellent communication, storytelling and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- History of delivering passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- A command of visual and communication design principles, and a passion for user-focused product experiences.
- A combination of left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Ability to communicate design concepts, and complex design systems.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Curiosity about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Interest in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
- Proficiency developing well-informed points of view, while also remaining willing to adjust them based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Penchant for long-term thinking paired with quick action.
- Comfort for managing several projects simultaneously.
- A globally inclusive mindset.
- An inexhaustible attention to detail.
- Experience working on a design team developing iOS app experiences from start to finish, with familiarity of iOS development.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- A deep understanding of the Apple design aesthetic, UI, and history.
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers.
- Previous experience working in e-commerce or gaming environments is a plus.
The Writing arm of our Design team works on all our services, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As Content Strategist focused on the App Store, Apple Arcade, and Game Center, you’ll be responsible for many things, including:
- Working closely with Product Design leadership to develop our design vision and strategy across the App Store and our gaming initiatives.
- Developing and presenting design solutions that coalesce narratives and storytelling around customer insights, data, business requirements, and brand values.
- Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling narratives, interface copy, user experience and brand strategies.
- Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to define our product roadmap
- Collaborating with designers to uncover and solve UI & UX challenges.
- Contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across Apple services.
- Spending time with QA, Legal, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience.
- Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content and customer experience.
Interested? Apply for this role