Apple is where people do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is challenging and fulfilling. Work that doesn’t always feel like work.
We’re currently growing our design team to create new and better experiences across our interactive marketing platforms — and we’re searching for a UX Writer to help in that pursuit.
In this role, you’ll help define the experience strategy, interface development, and language systems for the next wave of Apple marketing platforms. You’ll write for new consumer-facing features, as well as maintain existing user interface copy, all while collaborating with other disciplines to create thoughtful and thorough user experiences.
- An unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
- Curious about every piece of the user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Know how to work with and create wireframes and functional specs.
- Interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else may be wrong.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on others’ input.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Comfortable leading several projects simultaneously.
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
- Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
- Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across Apple services.
- Know and are excited about evolving the Apple ecosystem of hardware, software, and services (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, App Store, Books, Podcasts, Apple Pay, Apple TV, etc.).
- Experience partnering with various stakeholders (Marketing, Design, UX, Engineering) to tell stories in online environments.
- Excellent communication, cross-department collaboration, and planning skills — with a strict attention to detail.
- Experience driving editorial strategy (including voice and tone) and working hands-on to realize that vision.
As a UX Writer, you’ll be responsible for many things, including:
- Working closely with Design leadership to develop design visions and strategies.
- Developing and presenting design solutions that coalesce narratives and storytelling around customer insights, data, business requirements, and brand values.
- Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling narratives, interface copy, user experiences, and brand strategies.
- Collaborate and contribute to the Frameworks and Design System team’s output.
- Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to define our product roadmap.
- Spending time with QA, Legal, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience.
- Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content and customer experience.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Portfolio shows applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy. Your examples should try to show a variety of work examples that you contributed to. Your work shows attention to detail in every aspect and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking; clearly articulating the problem and rationale for design solutions.
Interested? Apply for this role