UX Writer - Commerce and Subscriptions
Apple is where people do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is challenging and fulfilling. Work that doesn’t always feel like work.
We’re currently growing our Product & Design team to create new and better experiences across our services. As part of that effort, we’re looking for a UX Writer to join us and focus on Commerce and Subscriptions — reducing friction across the ways our customers purchase and bundle their experiences from Apple. In this role, you’ll be in charge of interface copy across checkout experiences, products like Apple One, and the next wave of Apple service offerings.
- Interest in the current and future states of payments and subscriptions, locally and globally.
- An unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
- Passion for upholding Apple’s commitments to privacy and security through an approachable voice.
- Comfort advocating for users while simultaneously understanding the interests and importance of privacy, security, anti-fraud, marketing, and engineering.
- Curiosity about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Abilities to work with and influence wireframes and functional specs.
- A mixture of left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Willingness to propose what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
- Experience working closely with Legal teams to ensure we’re expressing ourselves in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Can develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining willing to adjust them based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Long-term thinking paired with quick action.
- Comfort managing several projects simultaneously.
- Adept at delivering passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- An inexhaustible attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and excitement about evolving the Apple ecosystem of hardware, software, and services (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, Apple TV, App Store, Apple Fitness+, Books, News, Podcasts, Apple Pay, etc.).
The UX Writing arm of our Design team works on all our services, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As a UX Writer focused on Commerce and Subscriptions, you’ll be responsible for many things, including:
- Shaping the tone, language, and design system for cross-product experiences.
- Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across Apple services.
- Converging customer goals, business requirements, and brand values.
- Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Collaborating with fellow designers to uncover and solve UI challenges.
- Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content.
- Spending time with QA and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience.
- Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible, and pushing from there.
Please include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
Interested? Apply for this role