Duration: 12+ month role, reviewed quarterly
We are seeking a Mobile App UX Writer to join our large technology client's Video Apps team. In this Consultant role, you will bring an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences and demonstrated experience writing for them. You will bring experience writing for and curiosity about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Content naming for Video Apps - think of filters or other features within an application
- UX writing support across all Video Apps - some existing and some in process
- Working as the only content resource embedded within the team, they are brought in early and often to work on projects.
- Review/editing of Localization strings
- Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling narratives, interface copy, user experiences, and brand strategies.
- Supporting Documentation process for spec delivery
- Helping to maintain Product & Design standards and best practices
Desired candidates will bring:
- 5+ years of experience writing for User Experience within Mobile Applications. Looking for experience ideally writing for video editing, video apps, or other productivity/Creative type applications.
- Portfolio of UX writing samples, preference for video or other productivity-focused app copy. Note portfolio should be well designed and provide the details of projects completed, as well as easy access to the content written.
- Ability to oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking
- Know how to work with and create wireframes and functional specs. This role will work shoulder-to-shoulder with the design team.
- A work ethic that demonstrates interest in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong
- Ability to develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others. There will be many opportunities to present work to stakeholders and incorporate feedback.
- Demonstrated experience writing from scratch, editing existing copy, and thinking beyond the written word with input from multiple team members
- Thinking long-term, but acting quickly with a comfort level managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization
- Desire to dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that
- An inexhaustible attention to detail
- Enjoyment in contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across services.
- Experience working with video applications, or working within that space is preferred
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check prior to starting.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Together with some of the most talented and brightest minds in the world, your work here will make a difference that can't be duplicated anywhere else. Your finest work will be brought out when you achieve some hefty goals at a heroic pace. One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: Long-term assignments with Aquent get you access to some pretty cool things:
- Weekly pay
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to the FSA Program
- Direct deposit of your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent Support: we check in with you throughout your contract to make sure you are happy and progressing according to your expectations (we are also looking for new opportunities for you as you approach your end date)
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $101.09 to $112.32 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in a 401k plan with company match.