The Web Content Manager is primarily responsible for the maintenance, design, content, and measurement of the Arizona Office of Tourism's (AOT) consumer-facing websites. Duties include working with third-party developers, IT teams to resolve any technical issues and collaborating with AOT divisions to maximize integrated marketing opportunities. Candidates should possess knowledge of marketing and the consumer journey, website design best practices, analytics, SEO, and project management.
- Manage content and projects related to AOT websites, including reviewing and updating content and functionality. Collaborate in the development and implementation of new and/or revised content on websites.
- Ensure that all content updates meet established content standards and work with technology vendors to assess any technical challenges in displaying content. Ensure that technology vendors execute assigned projects within specifications and timelines.
- Research best practices in the following areas: website accessibility, usability, changes in website measurement and analytics, and emerging technology that could improve efficiency within the role.
- Collaborate with the advertising team on the creation and implementation of interactive marketing projects and initiatives.
- Proactively recommend site improvements based on emerging interactive technologies, marketing initiatives, web analytics and AOT branding.
- Establish guidelines for organic optimization of sites, monitor search engine rankings and referrals, calculate conversions and monitor site traffic and user behavior.
- Work with SEO and/or content vendors to remediate any off-page SEO or backend issues that would cause errors or a drop in search engine rankings, such as broken links, duplicate content, and incorrect indexing of pages.
- Ensure website(s) adhere to regulatory and industry guidelines covering data privacy and accessibility. Collaborate with state agencies and vendors to resolve any issues that may arise.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Developing, managing and updating websites with demonstrated positive results.
- Strong working knowledge of G-suite.
- Strong knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Previous experience with website publishing tools and CMS platforms.
- Working experience within social media platforms and demonstration of associated analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge in web content development, including strong technical skills for SEO.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Skill in building relationships with a diverse population of organizations, associations, and interest group as well as internal constituents.
- Well-developed copywriting, proofreading and editing skills.
- Self-direction and the ability to exercise independent judgment and exceed performance standards with only limited supervision.
- Strong team orientation and the demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with Information Technology professionals.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent training and experience in a professional workplace developing, managing and updating websites with demonstrated positive results.
- The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification require participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Please note enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nicole Baker at email@example.com or 480-645-2005 for assistance.