The Arts Council of Fayetteville | Cumberland County is seeking a Digital Content Manager to develop, implement, and manage the Arts Council’s digital and social media content. You must be able to…
Tell Our Story
Spotlight Our Artists, Galleries, and Exhibitions
Support Our Grant Programs and Community Partners
Convey Our Economic Impact
This is a full time, in-office opportunity. This position is not a remote job. Our ideal candidate is a proactive strategist who can effectively lead our organization through the digital era, demonstrate creative writing skills, enhance engagement with community partners, document our impact on the community, quantify digital metrics, and adapt to a fast-paced work environment in the non-profit sector.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Creative team to formulate, produce, and publish targeted digital and social media content, campaigns, and initiatives in support of the grants, programs, and services of the Arts Council.
- Increase online presence of the Arts Council’s brand, imaging, positioning, and community involvement through content distribution across all multimedia platforms that include website, social sites, e-newsletter, Community Calendars, and Constant Contact notifications.
- Restructure content, imaging, videos, and form submissions in the Content Management System (Wix and Drupal web platform) to maintain a fully functional website that is user-friendly, artistically vibrant, informative, and easily navigational. Regular updates to site content, style, and layout may apply.
- Build interactive features that engage site visitors, spotlight artists and opportunities across all artistic disciplines, promote galleries and exhibitions, support grant programs and Community Partner projects, boost educational classes and workshop enrollment, and direct visitors to social sites.
- Create and disburse strategic messaging across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) in support of arts and entertainment programs, festivals and events, grants, contributions, membership, and other elements as directed. Utilize creative imaging and videos to increase appeal and interaction.
- Knowledge of Web Analytic Tools to quantify digital metrics, identify user demographics and engagement, apply insight to the development of campaigns and initiatives, and track performance.
- Knowledge of Targeted Digital Tactics to offer strategic recommendations to the Marketing and Creative team on best practices to disburse messaging.
- Proficient writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Ability to artistically breathe life into storytelling that is clear, concise, impactful, relevant, and uniformed in writing standards.
- Assist with developing press releases and other correspondence in support of the grants, programs, and services of the Arts Council.
- Build brand consistency of tag lines and logo usage in compliance with the Arts Council’s user guidelines.
- Assist with structuring correspondence to expand reach, enrollment, and renewals of contributions and membership.
- Adhere to the guidelines set forth in the Arts Council by-laws, personnel policies, and organizational procedures.
- Must demonstrate a commitment for the mission and values of the Arts Council within its need to structure and develop direction and vision for digital and social media engagement.
- Assist with monitoring budgetary spending in digital and social media.
- Provide editorial, creative ideas, and occasional technical support to the Arts Council departments as needed.
- Research non-profit industry trends, emerging digital audience behaviors, and provide guidance for new tools and technologies that may increase the digital footprint of the Arts Council.
- BA/BS or minimal two years of work experience in journalism, communications, public relations, digital and social media marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing is required.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) is required, but not required to know HTML or CSS.
- Knowledge of Web Analytic Tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and best practices of Targeted Digital Tactics for marketing is required.
- Knowledge of Email Marketing (Constant Contact, E-Newsletter) is required.
- Proficient Creative Writing skills is required.
- Proficient Campaign Development skills through digital and social media is required.
- Public Relations experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) experience is a plus.
- Photography and videography experience are a plus.
- Not-for-profit organizational development experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly, concisely, and impactfully.
- Strategic, creative, and analytical thinker.
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Special events and projects may require indoor and outdoor periods of standing, walking, sitting, lifting materials up to 20 pounds, and overseeing assigned event areas and volunteers.
- Speech and hearing abilities are required for communications. Visual skills are required for preparing publicity materials, typing, and proofreading.
- Occasional night and weekend work may apply.
After being vested with the organization, insurance benefits include health care, dental, and vision. Other benefits include paid time off (PTO) and a matching contribution toward a qualifying simple IRA. The Digital Content Manager position is a full-time, exempt position for the Arts Council. The Arts Council of Fayetteville | Cumberland County is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates for the Digital Content Manager position should send their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Christy McNeil, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Content Manager” in the subject line of your email. The vacancy will remain open until filled. No telephone calls, please.