* This role is preferred to be on the west coast and can be remote. *
B Capital is seeking an experienced writer to manage our thought leadership across a range of owned channels as we grow the B Capital brand among startups, strategic partners, and peers. The candidate will develop, manage, and own the voice of the B Capital brand. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a global marketing team in a fast-growing firm investing in the most exciting emerging technologies globally. The candidate will report to the VP of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with the other members of the marketing team, as well as the rest of the firm. Responsibilities include the development of both short-form and long-form content across a range of marketing communications.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, write and develop quality content for a variety of channels including articles, case studies, email, video scripts, press releases, website copy, social media posts, invitations and more
- Work with a cross-functional team to plan, manage and execute against the firm’s editorial and social media content calendar
- Develop topics and write content for B Capital’s blog, ensuring that the content is differentiated, high-quality and engaging
- Ownership of B Capital’s social media content, including:
- Drafting of all social media posts for B Capital’s content, announcements, speaking roles, earned media and hosted events
- Staying up to speed on social media trends and best practices
- Accountable for the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's email marketing program:
- Ensure all emails are aligned with B Capital’s overall strategy, branding, and goals
- Test, optimize, and continuously improve all email communications
- Champion email best practices and trends
- Work in partnership with graphic designer and internal dev team to develop breakthrough content
- Edit and proof copy written by various stakeholders at the firm
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS in a relevant discipline including journalism, English, communications, advertising, or marketing
- 5-7 years of professional writing experience, particularly covering fintech, healthcare and/or enterprise technology industries
- Portfolio of work demonstrating integrated marketing content development (must share examples/portfolio)
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO best practices
- Proven work experience with WordPress or other CMS
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Creative thinker who excels at generating ideas for compelling and original content
- Familiarity with startups or venture capital is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies, innovation and thought leadership
- A self-starter with the ability to develop and execute project plans with minimal guidance
At B Capital, the health and safety of our people are our number one priority. As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must show proof of such vaccination.
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With $6.2 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, the firm focuses on seed to late-stage venture growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across eight locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets and build exceptional companies. For more information, click here.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy - Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive - Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative - We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold - We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble - We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low egos, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent - When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them.
- B Evolving - We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
Interested? Apply for this role