Babbel is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. The key is a blend of humanity and technology. More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 150+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We are looking for a Senior / Lead UX Writer - English for our Product Design team in the heart of buzzing Berlin.
As Senior / Lead UX Writer at Babbel, you’ll have a key role in the Product Design team. You will help shape the copy design of our web and mobile language learning products and evolve the content design practice at Babbel.
- A talented writer and creative storyteller with a relentless drive to write excellent copy in native-level English
- An advocate for the user, combining your understanding of user-centered design with a flair for words and an eye for localisation
- An expert in content design practice and process, ready to help a small UXW team grow to the next stage of maturity
- 5+ years creating written content for digital products (web and/or mobile experiences)
- Experience in mentoring or managing UX writers, or have helped grow a UX Writing team / Experience leading a UX Writing chapter and have actively supported the development and growth of UX writers through mentoring and coaching
- A portfolio of creative, relevant UX writing and content design work to share with us
- Demonstrate solid UX writing skills, built on a foundation of user experience knowledge
- Work with stakeholders to create mutual understanding around the UX writing process and value, sharing best practices and knowledge across teams
- Shape content design at Babbel, tying your vision to the company’s product strategy
- Guide the planning, writing, testing and improvement of user interface content throughout Babbel experiences, including hands-on UX writing
- Ensure consistent content standards and clear application of Babbel’s voice and tone across the product
- Support / Lead the UX Writing team, supporting members in their professional growth within the company // Lead a UX Writing chapter and support other UX writers in their professional growth
- A steep learning curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with 750 people from over 65 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Diversity at Babbel
Babbel is committed to providing a work culture of belonging where every Babbelonian can contribute, participate and learn. Striving to become a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable company is reflected in our internal policies, such as flexible working hours, the options to work from home, as well as a nap, family, and faith rooms in our headquarter office. At the same time, we acknowledge that creating a culture of belonging is a continuous journey that includes every current and future Babbelonian.
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog for a fuller picture of #lifeatbabbel!
Interested? Apply for this role