GBT is looking for a Proposal Content Manager to join its Deal Consulting team, who write and manage bids and proposals for our sales and client account teams around the world. Deal Consulting sits within the broader Global Sales Enablement (GSE) function, which provides our sales and client managers with the tools, processes and training they need to be effective in their roles.
This is an exciting time to join GBT as we grow and lead the restart of business travel, with this role critical to ensuring our bid and proposal content remains client-facing, relevant and compelling.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding a database of pre-written content to improve proposal quality and proposal / sales / subject matter expert productivity.
- Reports to one of the senior Sales Enablement managers and works with other members of the GSE function, particularly the GSE Knowledge Manager and the Deal Consulting team.
- Ability to identify and work with a diverse and global network of subject matter experts (SME) within the business and to write/create/edit standardized proposal content for the knowledge base.
- Experience in motivating and managing SMEs to ensure commitment to updating knowledge and content on a pre-agreed cycle.
- Confident in dissecting RFPs and identifying frequently asked questions that need to be maintained in the knowledge base. Ideally will have experience of implementing multi-lingual content in knowledgebases.
- Assimilate information extracted from SMEs and write or re-write it into a defined style, ensuing that it is clearly articulated and easy to integrate into proposals
- Ensure brand, legal, and compliance rules are applied to all proposal content / database records
- Work with graphic designers as required, maintaining a strong graphics / slide database
- Schedule regular reviews of the knowledgebase to identify areas that need to be updated / expanded
- Review the structure of the knowledgebase on a regular basis, ensuring it meets the needs of the business
- Work with Knowledge Manager/GSE team to conduct regular content/knowledgebase training to sales and client managers and gather feedback on a regular basis
- Work with Knowledge Manager to define and optimize the proposal content repository structure and record management system.
- Strong written English language skills and an academic background (e.g. Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business)
- Proven experience in proposal content writing and qualified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner level desirable
- Excellent networking, collaboration, and project management skills within a large B2B organization
- Familiarity with working with a wide range of subject matter experts, including senior functional heads/leaders as well as the geeks (the technical experts!)
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office
- Other desirable skills/experience: familiarity with Seismic, SharePoint and Workfront platforms, proficient in MS PowerPoint, broad market knowledge of proposal automation solutions, languages.
- United States> any East Coast state (Virtual Location)
- United Kingdom> London or any Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Interested? Apply for this role