The Experience Design team is looking for a UX Writer to join our Digital Retail team. The UX Writer will work alongside Digital Designers, UX Designers, Digital Merchandisers and Content Strategists to craft experiences for our Retail categories, designing how customers find the right information and shop for a wide variety of products and services.
This is an excellent opportunity for a UX writing specialist looking to grow their career in a large experience design organization with amazing mentorship, critique and professional development.
As a UX Writer on this team, you will be building relationships with stakeholders to solve key business problems, while providing amazing customer experiences and efficient retail executions.
Experience Design at Best Buy Canada drives the vision of the entire customer journey. We are a large and growing team of diverse specialists in UX, UI, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and Copywriting. The Experience Design department operates under the Director of Experience Design and enjoys strong executive support. Best Buy Canada’s eCommerce group is truly Agile at scale, with a flat organizational structure and designers working with distinct streams, united within communities of practice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Content Writing: Writing and proofing copy for everything from short promotional messaging to landing pages to informational customer communications
- Content Design: Ensuring content is consistent throughout user journeys
- Content Strategy: Contributing to or defining content strategies to meet customer needs
- User Research: Shaping and evaluating the customer experience by crafting helpful, meaningful text
- Collaborating with several cross-functional teams of UX designers, digital designers, scrum masters, merchandizers, and business leads
- Contributing to our content standards and guidelines
- Working in a dynamic Agile environment that requires self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Consulting with stakeholders early and often to ensure alignment and synergy on the progress of different initiatives
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 2-3+ years of experience as a UX Writer
- An understanding of user centered design principles and how copy fits into the customer journey
- Familiarity with user research and usability testing methods that evaluate the effectiveness of content experiences
- Skilled in writing copy that’s clear, concise, and compelling
- Time management skills that allow you to juggle multiple projects and tricky timelines
- Experience writing copy for digital platforms
- A strong understanding of grammar, style, and syntax
- Experience working closely with business to define the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience in eCommerce and Retail, working with business and marketing for sales initiatives to drive traffic to conversion
- Familiarity with working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability
- Ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm
At Best Buy, we believe in amazing work-life balance which includes continual learning and growth on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and Technology departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars. Remote working available.
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology.
Interested? Apply for this role