Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
What will you do?
As a Content Strategist (hybrid role with Content Designer and UX Writing responsibilities) you will own the content strategy for a federal government website. You will work with product owners, developers, UXers, project managers, and the client’s communications team to improve the overall website experience. This role influences decisions about the overall experience and consistency of the website and offers a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process.
You will lead a talented team of SMEs including analytics specialists, copywriters, and designers. You will mentor team members and prioritize work for the team. The ideal candidate has a background in developing content solutions that deliver the right content to the right people in the right place at the right time.
This role should be based in the greater DMV area. We envision a hybrid environment after the pandemic with the ability to work from home several days per week. This position is contingent on contract award and location expectations may be subject to change.
- Develop, execute, and coordinate content strategies for Bixal and our clients.
- Serve as the technical lead, supervising and managing a team of content strategists and designers.
- Serve as a leader and mentor. Be a helpful team player and a skilled client partner.
- Actively participate in and inform sprint planning for content work.
- Report updates, challenges, and successes to the client and other team members on a regular basis.
- Conduct content inventories, current-state analysis, site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, and website metrics.
- Work closely with the client’s Product Owner using an Agile methodology.
- Understand the client's needs and advocate on behalf of clients to ensure project success.
- Partner with other team members, including UX-ers, visual designers, and developers to optimize the content elements based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business metrics.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive consensus and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our clients with the business goals of Bixal.
- Share your work with other team members and contribute to the team by providing feedback on their work.
- Provide support in updating, maintaining, and creating metadata.
- Ensure all content incorporates digital best practices and federal Section 508 and plain language standards.
- Define content standards and develop reports for clients.
- Maintain monthly web metrics reports and create dashboards to inform content strategy.
- Offer guidance on information architecture, UX (including usability experience), SEO, use of graphics, mobile optimization, and other web-based best practices.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in content strategy, content development, and/or UX design.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance.
- Bixal does not provide sponsorship at this time.
- Understanding of holistic user-centered design processes, and how content strategy fits into and elevates the work.
- Experience developing content solutions for large websites and/or applications.
- Experience implementing content strategies as part of cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process.
- Experience working within Agile design and development teams.
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types.
- Experience in writing, revising, sourcing, and aggregating content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using data and analytics to support strategy.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Portfolio of writing samples.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Flex Spending Account
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Interested? Apply for this role