Job Title: Content Strategist (Communications and College Relations Specialist)
Job ID: 25600
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brooklyn College invites applications for the Content Strategist (Communications and College Relations Specialist) position in the Office of Communications and Marketing. Reporting to the Associate Director for Editorial and Content Strategy, the Content Strategist provides professional support for all college initiatives involving direct communication with students. The Content Strategist will plan, develop and assess efficacy of text, email, video, and social media content that supports enrollment and retention.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties for the Content Strategist include but are not limited to:
- Develop engaging, student-centered content for email and text to be sent by admissions that communicate throughout the entire admissions cycle
- Liaise with offices across campus to develop an effective workflow for communications with current students developing a calendar and quality-control process that still allows messages to go out in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of annual communications plans for current and prospective students working across campus to ensure messages are streamlined, effective, and consistent.
- Review and revise all messaging to ensure that it is aligned with the college’s brand voice and strategy and that it serves the goal of retention.
- Work with the creative and photography teams to select and develop appropriate photography and graphics for emails and other communications.
- Maintain and update current student, alumni, and employee data in the department’s marketing platform
- Manage the college’s central texting account and handle text message deployment for prospective and current students
- Develop regular reports that share analytics of different campaigns with clients and stakeholders to inform strategy and decision making
- Pitch, research, and byline web features profiling students as part of the college’s Best of BC digital series, as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of marketing and production teams to develop concepts, as needed.
- Perform background research and factchecking
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a relevant field
- Experience writing copy for marketing collateral (4 years preferred)
- Strong writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team
- Familiarity with marketing platforms for email and texting such as Mailchimp, SimpleText, etc.
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization best practices, a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with external entities and communities, representing the College's positions and interests
- Serves as a liaison to one or more external organizations, representing the College and building working relationships with the leadership of these organizations
- Plans and implements communications campaigns, working with publications staff
- Develops an understanding of the concerns of external organizations and communicates these to appropriate College management
- Plans public activities and contributes to marketing of College activities and programs to external groups
- With College publications and editorial personnel, plans, writes, and produces publicity materials and other external communications
- May maintain relationships with media representatives
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$62,411 - $72,667 (Effective 11/1/2022); Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now'', create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/ .
Applicants should provide the following in .doc or .pdf format:
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 writing samples (including text and email content)
Review of applications to begin December 1, 2022 and will continue until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.