Cedar is transforming the healthcare experience, empowering us all to easily and affordably pursue the care we need. Our technology enables providers and payers to work together to offer an exceptional and affordable healthcare financial experience while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a company that wants to transform U.S. healthcare as a category leader. The Director of Content Marketing is a savvy B2B comms and content leader with experience in building outstanding content marketing functions that touch all facets of the enterprise buying cycle. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and working cross-functionally to drive category creation, brand messaging and targeted demand generation content, the successful candidate knows what it takes to head up and implement a highly scalable content engine that sets the Cedar brand apart, motivates change and fosters buying consensus for our solutions.
You bring expertise in crafting, implementing and leading a buyer-focused strategy that engages enterprise buyers and elevates our brand in the minds of other key audiences (including media, employees, recruits and investors). In addition to content creation, you demonstrate expertise with social media, earned and paid media strategies.
You fuel growth by emphasizing quality and quantity of our publishing, growing creative formats from text and visual to video and audio and collaborating across our team (including Demand, Experiential, Brand Design, Product Marketing and Sales teams), as well as with external partners to expand our distribution channels to reach our target audiences.
- In collaboration with the CMO, drive our efforts to craft and promote/evangelize a new category as well as our blueprint and POV within the space
- Set overall editorial and enterprise content marketing strategy, planning and delivering content narratives that solidify Cedar’s brand positioning and meet the buying objectives of our target accounts
- Lead, mentor and grow an internal team of content strategists, copywriters and communications professionals, as well as agency partners
- Develop thought leadership, experiential (event) programming/promotion and full funnel content assets
- Integrate all content to ensure consistency across the program and expand our approach to new mediums and formats through strategic testing
- Adapt our content voice, tone and presence to deliver connected and cohesive content experiences that improve audience interactions contextually across all channels
- Set clear goals and content Key Performance Indicators aligned to our commercial objectives and actively manage the overall strategy and team to those goals
- Collaborate cross-functionally on content strategy and project planning, particularly with Demand and Sales teams
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of content marketing experience in enterprise SaaS, ideally in healthcare or financial services. Experience in creating content for the Revenue Cycle Management and Finance functions in healthcare (or similar) is most ideal
- Category design expertise as well as experience leading brand positioning/critical messaging initiatives
- Experience delivering, adapting and measuring buyer-centric content assets that boost thought leadership, demand and pipeline acceleration across multiple campaigns and channels
- Experience with multiple content formats including short and long-form (website copy, blog posts, eBooks, video, podcasts and more)
- Strong copywriting and creative skills with an eye for design aesthetics and content curation
- Highly collaborative leadership skills with a penchant for creatively partnering with and influencing cross-functional groups
- Passion about Cedar’s mission, vision and values
- A sense of humor (...seriously)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company
- The ability to impact the direction of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Director of Content Marketing role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.
Interested? Apply for this role