We have an exciting opportunity for a UX Content Designer! This is a Temporary, 6-month contract with the potential to convert to Full-Time Employment! Applicants must be within 2-3 hours of the following locations: Primary: (SF Bay, Bentonville, AR, Hoboken, NJ), Secondary: (Carlsbad, CA, Portland, OR, Reston VA, Austin, TX), Potential: (LA, Dallas, Seattle, Chicago)!
As a Content Designer, you’ll set the vision for the best customer experience and create a space for cross-functional colleagues to collaborate. You’ll use your knowledge of the Design Thinking process to collaborate with partner teams, facilitate conversations, create concepts and frameworks, run design sprints, and help build rapid prototypes to leverage collective creativity. While working with partners to determine a shared plan forward that balances business and technology considerations, you’ll positively shape products and foster a consistent user experience with your artful use of voice, crisp writing skills and systemic content strategies. You’ll employ your great strengths in storytelling to present your vision and content design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to cross-functional partners and the leadership team. Additionally, you’ll contribute to the ongoing evolution of UX content systems and processes that enable the team to scale efficiently and effectively.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- 2-3+ years working in a lead role as a Content Strategist, Content Designer, UX Designer, UX Writer or in a relevant field, preferably with B2B experience.
- A strong writing background that brings together brand voice, emotionally resonant copy and systems thinking. You write for accessibility and believe in inclusion.
- A demonstrable track record of working cross-functionally and forging strong partnerships in order to ship successful products in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables.
- A strategic mindset and a system thinking approach to taking the complex and making it simple.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Experience facilitating Design Thinking in your cross-functional teams.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to motivate teams and partners.
- Find joy in leading by doing. You inspire, coach, and contribute to our team culture.
- A self-starter mindset who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Writing at the highest level of craft for a broad population of customers.
- Leading a program of work and collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners through delivery.
- Creating the content strategy and setting the design direction for the program that delivers on the user needs and business goals.
- Actively soliciting feedback from peers and cross-functional stakeholders through the product design lifecycle.
- Engaging the design research team at the right points during the design process to ensure the right insights and data inform the work.
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities.
- Working with our Design System team to expand the content system.
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business.
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy.
- Collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends, in and out of retail.
- Degree in Communications, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar and at least 2-3 years of experience in product design.
- Have a fantastic portfolio of strategic content solutions that drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Tools & Softwares / Technical skills:
- Mural for whiteboard - nice to have
- User Testing
- Openness to new tools and methods
Interested? Apply for this role