Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- As a content designer at a fast-growing early-stage company, you will have the opportunity to create massive impact – on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our users.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in decision making that will establish the culture of design at Chipper Cash. There will be leadership roles available to early hires as the company continues to expand.
- Enjoy working from home? Coffee-shops? Co-working spaces? Pick any of the above! Our team is fully remote.
- We have a product team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility. You will not be micromanaged.
- The Chipper team is truly global – on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Brazil, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
We don’t care very much about checking boxes, such as “X years of experience” or “Familiarity with X framework” to show that you’re qualified for this role. We're looking for someone who enjoys framing tomorrow's product strategy as much as throwing together a quick prototype to address today's pain points.
As a Content Designer, you'll spend your time testing out and validating ideas with research and building personas, customer journey maps, content strategy, and multimedia content. An ideal team member is a collaborator, problem solver, idea generator, and storyteller with a firm understanding of user experience. Most importantly, we're looking for designers who love learning and sharing their knowledge with others.
What You'll Be Doing
- Deliver a documented content strategy, starting with the Chipper Cash mobile application, to make the app silky smooth and enjoyable to use - even for users who might be using a smartphone for the first time!
- Lead the content audit process to spot gaps in our existing content, as well as identify the characteristics of high performing content
- Coordinate (and sometimes conduct your own) qualitative and quantitative research to make data-driven recommendations for new content and/or updates
- Collaborate across Product, Customer Operations and Growth Marketing teams to develop content that supports a consistent customer journey
Our Design Principles
Designers sit at the intersection of Product Management, Engineering and all other stakeholders within Chipper Cash. From pairing with developers to facilitating cross-team workshops, designers help bring ideas to life.
Designers are also responsible for incorporating Chipper's design principles into their work. A Chipper experience is...
- Above all, Enjoyable
- Sometimes, this just means getting out of the user's way and getting them to their goal quickly and easily. Other times, what's enjoyable is a product that walks users through a challenging process in a delightful way.
- Variable, yet Consistent
- Chipper delivers products across a variety of markets, cultures and demographics. That means customers come to us with completely different mental models about their money, goals, and expectations. Chipper experiences may have to be adjusted to meet the needs of a market, or alternate use-case. Across these variations, a common look, feel and branding creates consistency - which, in turn, garners trust.
- Lean, yet Considered
- A product doesn't help anyone if it's sitting in a design file or locked in a recurring meeting. A lean design makes forward progress on a problem by focusing on shipping to end-users, instead of on polish or perfection during the design phase. What's already built should inform the next step toward a solution. Designers consider alternatives by quickly driving toward a prototype and using it to gather fast feedback from internal teams and end-users.
If you feel you are a good fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. If you have any professional links to your work like an online portfolio or LinkedIn profile, please include them. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.