CityBase is seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to expand the CityBase brand in the market and attract & engage audiences. This position is based out of our Chicago headquarters (hybrid).
At CityBase, we embrace the opportunity that makes the public sector so unique: serve the entire population, inclusive of their needs and challenges. The CityBase platform equally serves people who want to complete a task from their phones, those who are unbanked and must pay a bill in person, and the public servants who keep government and utilities running smoothly.
As the Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll be working for a mission-driven tech company on the growing Sales & Marketing team. This position reports to the Marketing Director, working closely with teammates in Demand Generation, Business Development, and Graphic Design.
In this newly created role, you’ll have the opportunity to build a B2B content marketing program that touches on email marketing, social outreach, video and written content, as well as defining a new account-based marketing strategy. Working with the Sales & Product teams, you’ll develop compelling messaging for lead generation, sales enablement, and product adoption.
Please submit a cover letter and writing samples to be considered for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the development of content, communication, and messaging strategy to ensure relevancy and to keep competitive.
- Write, edit, proof, and research content for sales enablement, social media, website, blogs, articles, email campaigns, and other marketing channels.
- Drive topline demand and brand awareness.
- Leverage data to gain insights that shape content strategies.
- Devise and align content to support sales funnel stages.
- Create audience-centric messages that resonate and foster specific audience action steps.
- Ensure consistency with branding strategy.
- Optimize new and existing website content for SEO.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make content recommendations to market and drive business.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand products and services and create related content.
Who You Are
- A creative communicator with 3-5 years of content marketing experience.
- Someone with an innate sense of urgency who has high standards for your own work.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills for a variety of channels.
- Ability to ramp up quickly to understand new topics in order to create compelling content for a variety of audiences.
- Experience working within and building upon an established brand.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong research skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google suites.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or related field.
- Experience collaborating with both in-house and freelance Creatives (graphic designers, photographers, videographers) and Sales (account executives, business development).
- Experience with B2B and B2G marketing & communications.
- An understanding of SEO and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with FinTech, GovTech, local government, or utility industry.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Salesforce Pardot.
At CityBase, we’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration and innovation. Some of the benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible spending account, dependent flexible spending account, and a pre-tax commuter program
- Fitness membership stipend
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Short and long term disability and life insurance
CityBase makes government and utility technology that modernizes and unifies the way people find, apply, and pay for services. More than 100 government agencies, utilities, cities, and counties use CityBase technology to provide hassle-free payments and digital services to their customers and staff. CityBase integrates payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, and point of sale.