We are looking for a Content Editor for the Rights and Bibliographic Governance (RBG) team. RBG You will create inspect, edit, and enhance content for bibliographic records for videos, documents, recordings, and digital collections, including recording contracts and publication rights. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then we would love to talk to you!
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Library and Information Science, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 1 + years of experience cataloging using MARC format following AACR2 and RDA standards
- 1 + years of experience detailing and constructing database searches
It would be great if you also had...
- Capacity to learn and master new technology and processes
- Experience with LC authorities
- Ability to understand content structures and key metadata and their uses by researchers
- Capable of working independently, as part of departmental and interdepartmental teams
- Adept at keying
- Experience with HTML, XML, XHTML or other markup.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Creates, inspects, and enhances electronic data at various points before, during, and after the manufacturing process, following established procedural guidelines
- Ensures the format and quality of the data meets standards by identifying and correcting anomalies such as inconsistent or missing fields, duplicated or missing documents
- Follows AACR2 and RDA content rules and uses Classification Web to find authorized name and subject terms.
- Searches WorldCat to find matching records for our content
- Works as an indexer for creating non-MARC metadata using a proprietary schema
- Constructs searches against archives for maintenance and redistribution
- Selects the most efficient methods for searching, sorting, and updating data to ensure timely turnaround of feeds
- Reports significant content problems for resolution
- Performs ongoing maintenance of archived data based on directives from a variety of internal and external sources
About the Team
You will work on the Academic and Government group which provides content for all ProQuest and Alexander Street products. You will work with Global Content Alliances, Legal, Content Ingest and Acquisition teams, and Platform and Product Management teams. The team consists of six content/bibliographic editors and librarians.
Hours of Work
- Full-time, permanent
- Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours may be required
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled
17th March 2023
Place of work
Ann Arbor, MI