Add your voice to the chat revolution:
Are you excited to work for a tech company on the front lines of innovation for some of the biggest brands in the world? Do you thrive in environments where challenging the status quo is the daily norm? If you’re an A player with energy, initiative, and focus on delivering top results, or as we refer to our teammates at Clickatell – a Champion – then read on.
At Clickatell, we’re upending the way companies connect, engage, and transact with their customers in chat. Chat is something you do every day with your friends, but it’s also a simple technology that we’ve helped our customers to use to accomplish pretty amazing things. Clickatell helps businesses power customer support, customer engagement, and payments all through chat apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
Our customers are some of the most admired and recognizable companies in the world and our communications technology is used to reach more than 15,000 global brands every year. Our jobs offer you a chance to grow your career and work with global teams on technology that is quite simply changing the world.
We’ve grown by combining curious minds and quick smiles with a collaborative company culture where we never quit or settle, and always strive to create solutions that will change the world. It’s a big proposition, but it’s a mission our team takes on every day in an environment that provides you with the freedom to create and innovate, while having fun at the same time. We’re a fanatically friendly group that listens and puts each other first to accomplish great things together for our customers, our communities, and Clickatell.
We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on Content Marketing Manager who will plan, resource, write, edit, and manage content programs. You will lead all aspects of content across our multiple channels and provide a unified narrative, attract our audiences, and drive brand awareness.
You will work closely with our marketing team and internal stakeholders across the company to deliver content that realizes Clickatell’s vision, brand values, and promise. You have the innate ability to build consensus in a cross-functional global environment, along with strong team development and management skills.
Your work will find its way onto our website, blog, social channels, marketing emails, sales decks, executive bylines and presentations, white papers, webinars, videos, press releases, and more. The content you create will be important, interesting, and timely to customers, prospects, employees, and other stakeholders.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing Communication.
The role of our Champion:
- Plan, write, edit and manage from conception to completion campaign strategic content assets that meet campaign and business goals and is consistent across touchpoints.
- Work with key stakeholders to build an overarching messaging framework for each program.
- Help define and evolve the Clickatell voice and tone.
- Work successfully with multiple, global teams on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Design and write content that moves Clickatell audiences and elevates the company’s communication strategies.
- Partner with the Digital/Growth Marketing team to turn campaign work into effective lead generation.
- Take a results-driven approach to your work, be creative and attuned to detail, and have strong project management skills.
- Deliver content under tight deadlines and with minimal oversight and editing.
- Identify opportunities for unique story angles and strategic and meaningful content.
- Act as the go-to-resource for strategic content creation.
- Write engaging content that can be easily purposed for the website, blog, social channels, marketing emails, sales decks, videos, exec bylines and presentations, and more.
- Help standardized best practices. Build repeatable frameworks that can be used across verticals and markets.
- Partner with market research to ensure we’re addressing gaps in understanding, awareness, and tailoring our messages for our audiences.
- Work with the marketing team to maximize reach and presence at corporate and third-party events through sponsorship execution and marketing campaign creation.
- Seed tags, categories and other metadata to ensure that content is properly indexed.
- Support the content teams on principles and content development to improve SEO traffic.
- Manage Resource Center on Clickatell.com, ensuring the structure, content, tagging and editorial calendar is aligned with the corporate goals and objectives for branding, lead gen and conversion.
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Live up to our values: Be the Champion! Be Curious, Collaborative, Courageous and Creative!
- Strong, strategic content management, creation, publication, and analytics abilities.
- Proficient with Content Management Systems and the Adobe Suite.
- Editorial calendar management and content production cycles.
- Thorough understanding of SEO principles and how to apply them.
- Adept at social media principles and practices.
- Ability to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and external resources effectively.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Organized with a keen eye for detail.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to assist with or perform tasks outside of own job description and function as required.
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership and accountable for results and actions
- Creativity in problem-solving.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Technologically literate and have a fascination for how technology can shape our everyday life.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working across countries, cultures and time zones a must.
Our Champions Journey so far
- BA or BS degree in communications, English, journalism or related field.
- 4-6 years managing strategic content design, campaigns, and customer experiences.
- 4-6 years of content writing experience, print and digital, adaptable to a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to build and execute successful content strategies for a technology company.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple people, outside agencies, and concurrent projects.
- Experienced in gathering external and internal input to gauge content strategy and content creation needs.
- Proven ability to define the editorial calendar, create and edit content, and manage production in all media forms – copy, graphics, videos, presentations, etc.
- Able to develop innovative, creative concepts and direct writers, designers, and external agencies to implement concepts.
- Track record of accomplishment and delivery.
- Exceptional communicator with all audiences from C-level executive staff to technical specialists.
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid fortnightly
- Health Care benefit
- Quarterly performance incentive bonus
- 401k benefit
- Communication allowance
- Half-day off on your birthday
- 5 personal leave days per year, over and above your normal vacation paid time off
- Recognition programme with brilliant rewards
- Training & development opportunities on the job and through external service providers
- Being part of a team that is unlocking possibilities with cutting edge technology
To all Recruitment Agencies, we thank you for your willingness to assist us with this vacancy. As a company we have our own Technical Talent Specialists that has deep knowledge of what our company values in every employee and therefore are able to headhunt themselves. Furthermore, we do not accept unsolicited CV’s, terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void.