As our team’s lead content strategist, brand storyteller and copywriter, you will ensure our content connects with buyers at every stage of their journey to purchasing Coconut Software. In this important role, you will lead the development of a strong point of view to attract people to our brand, and create insightful content that helps buyers make sense of the market, the options that are available to them—and ultimately, why they should partner with Coconut Software. The content that you create will help future customers complete their ‘buying jobs’ at every stage, engage other members of the buying group within their organization, and enable the team to move forward confidently towards purchase.
The person in this role must also be extremely empathetic, know how to dig in to understand the way our buyers think and what they care about, so they can meet the unique needs of each individual in the buying committee. And of course, they must be able to write clear, crisp, simple and compelling copy that sounds human (no buzzwords, no corporate jargon!)
This role also requires close collaboration with Coconut’s larger marketing team: Brand marketing, Demand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Customer Marketing and Product Marketing to produce compelling content that cuts through the noise, grabs attention and helps people move forward to becoming Coconut customers.
- Know our ICP & Buying Group Inside & Out: Know Coconut’s ICP and buying group members, their challenges/problems and potential solutions deeply. Work with the sales and success teams, and product/demand marketing to identify the key trends, themes and content opportunities for engaging buyers at each stage of their journey through multi-channel demand gen programs.
- Develop & Own Coconut’s Content Strategy: Develop and own the strategy that ensures we provide the right content, to the right people, at the right times, for the right reasons. Help define what we will (and won’t) do with content. What topics we’ll focus on, formats and best channels for distribution.
- Own & Continue to Evolve our Brand Narrative/Story (Topline Messaging): Work with CMO and Directors of Brand/Product Marketing to solidify Coconut’s point of view, and turn it into a compelling story that sets the stage for, ‘Why Change?’, ‘Why Now?’ and ‘Why Coconut?’
- Develop & Own our Brand Voice/Tone & Keep Things Consistent: Work with CMO and Director of Brand Marketing to hone-in on / humanize Coconut’s brand voice and tone. We want to strike the right balance between fun/friendly and professional—and keep things consistent across everything we produce.
- Write Copy for All Channels & Work with External Agencies: In addition to the strategic piece (content strategy), you will write for various formats & channels. You’ll also need to develop relationships with a few great freelancers and/or agencies, so you can farm out overflow writing work.
- Own and Facilitate the Process Around Content Creation: Own, facilitate and refine the process around how we go about creating great content. This could include the implementation of briefings, a docket system, folder structure, set-up process in Asana (project management tool), and final review process before content is released out into the world.
- Content Technology & Trends: Be the team SME on content platforms/technology (working with Marketing Ops) and stay up-to-date on trends in content marketing & distribution.
- Analytics and reporting: Work with CMO/Director of Brand to track and report on performance metrics. Continually reviewing and optimizing content to improve engagement, conversion and ROI
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5-8+ years of experience devising content strategy and writing content to fuel B2B demand gen programs designed to hit pipeline & revenue goals
- Background in journalism and/or agency experience + previous experience writing about/for financial services would be a huge bonus
- Multi-channel content marketing experience: you’ve written for various formats and channels including web, blog, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), video, paid advertising, webinars, executive presentations...both short/long-form content
- Deep understanding of content marketing strategies and distribution tactics (i.e. how to get the right content in front of the right people)
- Ability to write and communicate big ideas simply & clearly—in a friendly, approachable and likeable human way
- Experience writing with SEO best practices + keywords in mind
- Experience with martech including MAPs (Pardot, Marketo), content platforms (PathFactory, Uberflip), website CMS (WordPress) and project management software (Asana, Wrike)
- Creative and analytical thinker who can think outside the box, and work with data to measure content performance, so it can be optimized for conversion
- High emotional intelligence, empathy and curiosity—you have a natural ability to understand and connect with people
- Strong interpersonal skills with natural ability to influence and drive alignment
- Strong project management, problem-solving, communication and time management skills
- Comfortable in a ‘pressure cooker’ environment - you thrive on the challenge of helping the marketing team meet aggressive growth targets and goals
- Portfolio of B2B work that you are proud of will be reviewed
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long-lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People-First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.