Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
As the first full-time content marketer at Cohere, you'll be responsible for defining our content strategy, growing and leading a team of writers, and producing content to help establish Cohere as the default NLP platform for developers and enterprises.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first!
A typical day as a Content Marketing Lead might include:
- Stimulate and grow Cohere’s brand for developers and enterprises alike, drive increased awareness and market recognition through all forms of content
- Lead the roadmap and create content across various formats and channels (blog, docs, webinars, case study, ads, social, video, website, newsletter, etc.)
- Build the well-oiled content machine producing high-quality content in partnership with Dev Rel, Dev, Marketing and Sales teams
- Own the content calendar across the organization. You know what’s getting published and when, and own the process
- Identify content themes and tactics that will resonate with the target audience and what types of content work best where
- Report on the performance of the content and drive experimentation, continuously optimize and double down on what performs
- Manage the content writers (contractors and agencies) and be a force multiplier to influence internal devs and external AI/NLP community to contribute content
- Contribute to developing and maintaining brand voice and ensuring content reinforces it
You may be a good fit if you have:
- The drive to be on the leading edge of groundbreaking new technology and to establish Cohere as its leader
- 4+ years of leading and developing content. You're excited about content strategy and have executed a content strategy in the past
- You're a natural storyteller and can get creative in engaging with our developers and business leaders through case studies, AI memes, videos etc.
- Exceptional proofreading, editing and writing skills. You love to give feedback on writing
- A data-driven approach to content. Knows when to double down on experiments that work and move away from what doesn't
- The ideal candidate has experience or interest with a developer, ML, API, or NLP technologies (Stripe, Twilio, Kaggle, NLTK, SpaCy, Hugging Face, etc.)
- Strategic thinking, attention to detail, and project management skills
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and a work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
- An open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Free daily lunch
- Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
- 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada and 12 weeks in the US
- Personal enrichment benefits toward arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
- Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
- 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays