Today, CommerceHub is the #1 eCommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and eCommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of eCommerce.
The Technical Writer manages all aspects of the user content development process, including information gathering, writing, and content reviews and approvals.
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of the CommerceHub network, its solutions, and user needs
- Maintaining and updating existing user-facing content, including user guides, test plans, and online help
- Utilizing existing templates and tool kits to develop high-quality user-facing communications for program adoption or operational reminders
- Adhering to existing processes and procedures to ensure proper source control and systematic reporting
- Developing high-quality user-facing content, including customized setup guides, online help, product update bulletins, and email communications
- Developing high-quality content, including business process documentation, templates, and forms
- Editing content developed by fellow technical writers and other CommerceHub teams, as needed
- Collaborating with technical teams and project leaders to identify content needs and move content through the review and approval process
- Maintaining and examining existing standards for customer-facing and internal content
- Participating in the implementation of new technologies to improve content development, management, and delivery
- Minimum 4 years of technical writing or related experience (writing samples will be required)
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including editing/proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex concepts into straightforward messages
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and Adobe tools (including Acrobat and InDesign)
- Experience using SharePoint
- Experience using Notion
- Experience using help authoring solutions (such as RoboHelp, DNN, Drupal, Zendesk, etc.)
- Experience using email marketing tools (such as Pardot, GroupMail, etc.)
- Experience using screen capture software
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Design tools (such as Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Collaboration and project/issue management tools (such as Jira)
- Content management systems
- Project coordination
- Training design and development
- An understanding of software development (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform eCommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks of paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.