Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
About the Global Media Platform
The Condé Nast Global Media Platform powers our network of over 65 websites, 5,000 editors, and hundreds of millions of monthly visitors and digital revenue dollars. Our teams create the software and technologies that make Condé Nast’s digital offerings possible, spanning from a robust multi-brand design system and web framework, to CMS and publishing products, to user accounts and subscription journeys, to robust ad and commerce products.
Our mission is to empower the most iconic brands in media to achieve business and creative success. As a group of designers, writers, product managers, engineers, strategists, and researchers, we are creating the next generation of content publishing and consumption experiences—products that are as innovative as they are user-centric.
About This Role
The team is looking for a Senior UX Writer for our Global Media Platform, which is the foundation for everything Condé Nast offers online. As its Senior UX Writer, you will help define core user experiences, such as signing in, subscribing, and navigating our offerings.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, serving as the content leader for a large new initiative focused on improving subscription and membership funnels during a time when the business is investing heavily in consumer revenue. You’ll also help define how users interact—not only with our world-leading brands, but also each other—as we design new engagement and community-building opportunities.
- Applying your mastery of language to design intuitive, enjoyable product experiences that help users accomplish their goals
- Partnering closely with product designers throughout the entire design process, helping define user flows from day one
- Writing UX copy, including navigation, empty and error states, onboarding, and many more components of the end-to-end experience
- Driving the vision for our product content across domains, establishing a unified voice across products and platforms
- Using empathy, logic, insights, and data to inform content choices and advocate for user needs
- Owning the style guides for the Global Media Platform and promoting consistency and best practices with onsite, remote, and third-party collaborators
- Managing projects from needs assessment to implementation, translating complex concepts into clear direction
- Collaborating on projects with a wide breadth of stakeholders, including Research, Product, Marketing, Legal, Support, Engineering, and Editorial, and communicating product updates accordingly
- Contributing to our design system, implementing writing into the system itself and applying UX writing techniques to improve its usability
- Evangelizing the value of UX writing, UX research, and product design to cross-functional partners throughout the product development process
- Serving as an active participant on the Design team, setting the tone, shaping our organizational culture, and mentoring more junior colleagues, with future opportunities to manage
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in user-focused writing across web and mobile environments, with an understanding of the nuances of each medium as well as a wide variety of content design techniques
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines that demonstrate your gift for simplifying and improving digital products
- Aptitude for leading and collaborating with engineering, design, product management, marketing, and support teams, with experience managing senior stakeholders and their expectations across departments
- Demonstrated empathy for your audience, valuing a continuous and consistent experience across the complete user journey
- Data-driven mindset, where measuring effectiveness is part of your process and analytics are used to validate and improve your approach
- Proven skills as a self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst changing requirements
- Experience with (or a desire to learn how) to work within a globally distributed team
- Ability to write from a range of voices, creating meaningful messaging for high-visibility interfaces and widely recognized brands
- A love of media and an interest in driving the future of storytelling to frame our larger context, including the nature of a subscription and advertising-driven business
- Ability to articulate and defend decisions and point of view to high-level stakeholders and partners
- Involvement in the design community at large as we increase the visibility of Condé Nast’s growing capabilities across digital strategy and experiences
What we’d like to see:
- Experience with complex user flows, especially payments, checkout, and order forms
- Experience with conversion funnels and consumer revenue businesses
- Experience in design systems and/or technical writing
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices
- Degree in English, Journalism, or related work experience
- Familiarity with UX research principles and practices
A note: research indicates that women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they meet all of the criteria. If you believe you’re qualified, but don’t necessarily check every box, please submit an application.