- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
This position will be responsible for the following key points:
- Collaborating with teams to document internal products and services.
- Supporting knowledge sharing by creating documents including, but not limited to runbooks, policy documents, process documents, reports, training guides and how-to guides to aid teams in support of our growing offerings.
- Auditing and managing our internal wiki to keep content relevant and to assist teams in managing the content they own for review and accuracy.
- Responsible for executing and maintaining technical documentation for both internal teams and employees, including training manuals and other technical processes, policies, or procedures
- Remote workers authorized within CONUS. Must be able to support pacific standard time zone core business hours
- 3 + years in a technical writing role creating and maintaining runbooks, procedures, policy documents
- Experience with Lucidchart for process flow diagrams integrated into Confluence
- Intermediate knowledge in markup/ HTML and developing content viewed in a web page
- Proficient using Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Proficiency in writing clearly and effectively about technical topics in language accessible to our support teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects effectively
Nice to have:
- 5 years working in a technology field preferably with domain experience with data products or data infrastructure
- Jira to manage requests for new or updated content from support teams
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Work background with focus on knowledge management preferred
Interested? Apply for this role