The Content Strategist aligns with the eCommerce Content Manager to ensure the consistent execution of our online content strategy. The ideal candidate will need to critically evaluate current content practices, technology, and infrastructure and develop strategic recommendations to drive continuous process improvement. More specifically, the Content Strategist will partner with Content Management Team to optimize content collection and presentation.
The Content Strategist will supervise a business category and staff of 5+ Content Coordinators who collect, create and upload product content to drive sales, conversion, SEO efforts, and optimized customer satisfaction for dickssportinggoods.com. The Content Strategist must simultaneously support Omni-Channel priorities and balance Coordinator workload to execute DSG content strategy. This position will work as a liaison between Content and Site Merchandising Teams as well as online support channels. In addition, he/she will be expected to lead strategic business discussions with internal merchandising teams and manage relationships with key vendor partners to support efficiencies and process improvements.
Implements execution of category content strategies
- Responsible for overseeing specific Category and team of Coordinators to support/deliver functions and tasks in order to drive online sale
- Leads execution of strategies to optimize content collection, creation, and upload; including a selection of best content (e.g. copy, imagery, attributes, video, and tech specs) and determines how best to present online to drive sales and conversion
- Partners with Content Manager and Site Merchandiser to ensure alignment of content strategies along with merchandising strategies
- Accountable for all Product set-up, website presentation, and vendor compliance for a specific category
Manages content team
- Manages 5+ Content Coordinators within a specific category of business
- Coordinates workload balances and adjusts the focus of Content Coordinators in line with category and seasonal demands (e.g. merchandising focus, promotions, Vendor direct enablement’s and assortment refreshes, etc.) to maximize sales and conversion.
- Responsible for the onboarding, training, and professional development of Content Coordinators
- Responsible for overseeing specific Categories and team of Coordinators to support/deliver functions and tasks in order to drive online sales
Implements content process improvement
- Responsible for creating and improving processes for a content management tool (PIM/MDM) for maximizing eCommerce content, improved productivity, and establishing best in class standards
- Collaborates with eCommerce business team to ensure the site is optimized for SEO (e.g. developing Content Coordinator training for writing copy tailored to SEO, specifically with regards to product page title tag, meta descriptions, and search terms)
- Oversees project manager role of key content initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to supervise multiple direct reports across categories with disparate business trends, attributes, and seasonality
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Excellent time management skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task several requests and projects while supervising the day to day tasks to see through to completion
- Experience working with content web management system pre
Interested? Apply for this role