Duration: 24 Months Contract
- Collaborate closely with UX Design, Research, Product Management, Engineering, Legal, and Marketing to define requirements, create content, and review deliverables.
- Create and edit the content that supports the Google Store brand, business objectives, and voice and tone principles/guidelines.
- Focus on content strategies that increase usability through navigation, labels, informational writing, error messaging, and other elements of the end-to-end customer experience.
- Incorporate UI text into design mocks and copy documents. Content deliverables include design mocks and copy docs for emails, webpages, transactional flows, error messages, and dialogue boxes, among others.
- Troubleshoot and respond to stakeholder questions (such as queries from the Localization team) about the UI text.
- Work proactively to encourage UX designers and other team members on content strategy—advise teams on when and where to message, in addition to how to message.
- Exceptional UX writing portfolio
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, User Experience (UX), or a related field
- At least 7 years of UX writing experience in UX writer or content strategist roles (Important: This opportunity is not a marketing copywriter, creative writer, or technical writer role.)
- Solid understanding of or work experience in e-commerce
- Superb UX writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and a penchant for high quality
- Strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills
- Expertise with Google productivity tools like Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Meet, etc.
- Expertise with at least 1 design tool like Figma, Sketch, or InDesign
- Proven project and stakeholder management experience and the ability to drive end-to-end solutions, independently
- Familiarity with web and mobile UI design principles and practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and cope well with frequently changing requirements
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Experience with localization practices and accessibility
Interested? Apply for this role