Company Description: Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We're looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn't it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people's actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots.
The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.
Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you'll join us on the journey.
Team Description: Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We're responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
Role Description: Dropbox’s New Initiatives team is looking for a highly skilled Principal Content Strategist to join our dynamic team and drive content-related initiatives for our AI Center, LLM training programs, and Dash strategic narrative. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in content strategy, an in-depth understanding of AI and tech trends, and a proven track record driving technical narratives into action - across all phases of conceptualization, crafting, and evangelism. Additionally the candidate needs to have a proven track record working within EPD organizations (working along side with engineering, product managers and designers) as this job will be encountering tradeoffs and decision making that require the knowledge and nuance of feature development at scale.
- Content Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy for AI Center, LLM training, and the Dash strategic narrative. This includes defining content objectives, audience segmentation, and messaging frameworks.
- Product Content Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy for the New Initiatives organization working alongside the GM, and VPs of Design, Engineering and Product in order to streamline communications, minimize cognitive load to the organization, and improve alignment in feature building.
- Content Creation: Produce high-quality content, including articles, white papers, case studies, videos, infographics, and more, to showcase our AI innovations, the impact of LLM training, and the significance of the Dash strategic narrative. Work with Product Managers and Designers to develop content for key surfaces for Dash.
- Thought Leadership: Position Dropbox as a thought leader in AI technology by curating content that highlights our expertise, innovations, and unique insights. Additionally is to connect such thought leadership into our multi-year roadmap making it clear to the organization how our AI investments are making our products better and differentiated.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with our AI Center, LLM training, and Dash strategic teams, as well as other departments like marketing, product, and design, to ensure alignment of messaging and consistency of brand voice.
- Develop the voice of Dash: Drive the end to end experience of how Dash shows up in the product, messaging, onboarding, etc. Expectation is for the candidate to drive and to bring along Product Managers, Designers, and Engineering to ensure the translation into the product. This highly technical and nuanced understanding of both what our technology will enable (AI) and what our customers need, and design a set of vision, requirements, and prompts to create a unique Dropbox Agent experience that feels coherent across our products.
- Content and work distribution: Implement a content distribution plan to maximize the reach and impact of our content, utilizing various channels including social media, newsletters, webinars, and industry events. Identify the best strategies to attach, elevate, and include the content produced into the product by being a strong leader within the business. This will require having a deep understanding of how product operates (in terms of rhythm and constraints).
- Content Performance Analysis: Analyze and report on the performance of content initiatives using data-driven metrics and insights. Adjust strategies based on performance to achieve maximum impact. Partner with Data Science and User Research to understand customer-based signals and adjust or elevate approach accordingly.
- Stay Current: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies in AI and related fields. Expected to be in key decision-making forums to integrate feedback and organizational changes into the vision and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Communications Design, Business Business, or relative experience
- Strong understanding on product development at scale, working with engineering functions.
- In depth familiarity with Product roadmaps, business rhythms, and communicating with C-suite and senior stakeholders.
- Experience in digital content creation (writing blog posts, creating social media posts, SEO, working within CMSs) and developing content strategy
- Exceptional story teller, idea-generator, and audience-centric thinker who also has the analytical abilities to act on insights and apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated
- Strong, short-form & long-form writer; media writing experience is a plus
- Problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Ability to compellingly communicate a product or a brand’s story, plus a strong design sensibility to envision how content could be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics, or multimedia presentations
- 15+ years of experience in content strategy, preferably in the tech industry with a focus on AI
- Strong understanding of AI technologies and industry trends,
- High tech industry experience strongly desired
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
- US Zone 1: $280,200 - $329,600 - $379,000.
- US Zone 2: $252,100 - $296,600 - $341,100.
- US Zone 3: $224,100 - $263,700 - $303,300. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee's remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:
- US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro
- US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro
- US Zone 3: All other US locations
'Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).'