Moving is considered one of the most stressful events in a person’s life.
Our goal at moveBuddha is to simplify that process and give people peace of mind that their move will go smoothly.
As our content marketing manager, you will be in charge of managing our blog and driving our overall content strategy.
You’ll immerse yourself in our content strategy and ensure we’re answering the right questions, keeping our blog up to date, and helping our audience in creative ways.
A glimpse at your day as our content marketing manager
In this role, you'll immerse yourself in our blog and own the content we publish. On the day-to-day, this might include tasks such as:
- Identifying opportunities to improve our content
- Auditing existing content on our blog
- Proofreading and copy-editing blog content
- Updating and enhancing the readability of our blog posts
- Optimizing blog posts for the right keywords and audience
- Optimizing/improving the format of the posts in WordPress
- Creating content briefs and assigning them to writers
- Conducting industry research
- Connecting with moveBuddha users and sharing their moving stories
- Working with the content team and project manager to keep the content calendar organized and ensure the process works efficiently
- Collaborating with moveBuddha partners to understand their challenges and updates to their services.
As our ideal candidate, you…
- Think outside the box. At this point, we’ve answered almost all of the most popular questions our readers have. We’re looking for someone who can identify new ways to engage with our target audience.
- Can take something good and make it better. A big part of this role is finding ways to improve our existing content. You will be responsible for identifying improvements to blog posts and helping to create a process for executing those improvements.
- Are process oriented. Our content marketing manager will be responsible for looking at our entire content creation system and finding ways to improve its efficiency.
- Are an excellent writer. You’re a marketing professional looking to put your writing and content background to use. We’re looking for someone who can write and edit for clarity and publish content that is easy for readers to understand.
- You have fantastic research skills. Research plays a huge part in the content marketing managers' day-to-day role. You’ll be keeping a close eye on industry trends, our competitors, and our partners. The ideal candidate has a research process and can immerse themselves in the industry to better understand our readers.
- You’re excited to learn. This role offers the opportunity to develop better marketing, management, and SEO skills. The right person will be excited to explore new avenues within this role and is eager to expand their knowledge and skill set.
- You like telling stories that excite readers. We want our readers to leave our site feeling satisfied that we answered their questions and excited about the next phase of their life. You’ll find exciting stories and angles that help keep our readers engaged.
A few more things…
The benefits of working as our Content Marketing Manager
- Work directly with leadership to shape the future of our content strategy
- The opportunity to grow and manage a team
- Practice content marketing and SEO best practices
- Improve and refine your content management skills
- Gain hands-on experience using SEO and content marketing tools
- Be part of a lean, fast-growing team where you can have an impact on growth and innovation
- Learn how to collaborate with our development and design teams to improve user experience
What Success Looks Like
This role presents an opportunity to grow quickly and contribute to the long-term success of our content strategy. Growth will look different for each candidate, but here is a timeline of what you can expect the success of this role to look like:
- 1 month in: You’ve familiarized yourself with our content production process and can fill the content calendar. You’ll have an understanding of our current content strategy, editorial process, and the content goals we are trying to meet.
- 3 months in: You’re managing our content production process and keeping the content calendar full and up to date. You make sure all content we publish is accurate and high quality and provide feedback to our writers. At this point, you will be familiar with our industry, competitors, and partners and working on ways to make sure the content we publish is consistent with industry standards. You will also start owning the process of choosing which posts to create and update and editing and quality-checking content.
- 6 months in:You’re highly familiar with the content development process. You fully understand the marketing goals and how to impact those goals with content. You’re actively identifying ways to audit and improve all of our content. You’ve developed a process to consistently update older content and identify new areas to develop our content further.
The ideal candidate for this position…
- Has built or at least worked to refine a content process
- Has a breadth of general marketing knowledge and can use that knowledge to find improvements in our content
- Is an experienced writer and editor
- Has a working understanding of SEO and how it relates to content marketing
- Can identify ways to improve our current content processes and systems
- Has experience working asynchronously and independently
- Can accommodate working within Eastern Time Zone hours
- Preferably has a Bachelor’s Degree (however, it’s not a requirement if you have relevant skills or experience)
The benefits of working at moveBuddha
moveBuddha helps people have a less stressful moving experience by simplifying the process and helping them find the right moving service to suit their needs.
We've helped thousands of people move over the past five years by creating high-quality content that speaks to people who want to simplify their moving process. We’re growing quickly and excited to explore new avenues of content and continue to expand on our content strategies. Learn more about us here: https://www.movebuddha.com/
We know starting a new job requires taking a leap of faith. We want you to be excited about being part of the moveBuddha team.
Why you’ll love working at moveBuddha
- Growth: We’re a lean yet powerful team and growing quickly. A small team means the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and learn about different parts of the business.
- Culture:We believe in work-life balance and rewarding hard work in the form of time off, bonuses, company game nights, and other incentives.
- Empowerment: We want to empower our team to grow in their role and take ownership of projects and provide them with the tools and resources they need
- Communication: We don’t believe in micromanaging. We’re looking for team members who can work asynchronously and collaborate across departments.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and consistent opportunities to earn bonuses. moveBuddha has an unlimited PTO policy to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Location: We’re a fully remote company based out of Georgia.