Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy to use, individualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
Senior Content Designers are passionate educators responsible for writing, peer-reviewing, and developmentally editing new content (revisions, updates) for Edmentum’s programs, with a watchful eye toward adhering to prototypes, guidelines, and processes designed to establish and maintain quality. They also provide lateral leadership on projects and collaborate with team members to create high-quality, standards-based content that advances Edmentum's business and impact goals. A successful candidate will balance a high level of subject matter expertise with pedagogical understanding, diverse teaching and curriculum design experience, market knowledge, an educator-first mindset, and effective communication skills.
The Senior Content Designer reports to the Content Design Manager and works closely with other Content Designers, Learning Designers, Assessment Designers, Creative Designers, Project Managers and other teams as needed in a collaborative fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the pedagogical vision for projects is met by writing, peer-reviewing, and developmentally editing content for Edmentum’s programs based on pedagogical understanding, subject matter expertise, and market needs, with an emphasis on content review.
- Closely adhere to prototypes, guidelines, scope & sequence rigor, and quality processes, and lead the development of these items in collaboration with Learning Design, Assessment Design and Content Design Managers as assigned. Follow best practices for development and rapid prototyping models.
- Provide cross-functional lateral leadership on projects and engage stakeholders as needed.
- Train vendors, contractors, and Content Designers and keep project documentation up to date.
- Responsible for on-time deliverables across the project, including working with project managers to keep project timelines up to date.
- Contribute to problem solving and implement solutions on projects, including communication plans and training.
- Contribute to project planning processes, including estimations, timelines, and processes as assigned.
- Provide lateral leadership on small- or medium-sized projects with moderate levels of process and resourcing complexity; be accountable for all deliverables on a project, including quality, timeliness, and adherence to vision. Support other content designers, contractors, and vendors to meet these goals.
- Innovate toward efficiencies and increasing levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset regarding processes, procedures, and continuous improvement as well as an understanding of larger systems that impact individual development practices.
- Collaborate with the Global Creative department by reviewing layouts, images, animations, other types of media, and text typography against standards for excellence in visual-verbal learning.
- Understand and interpret academic standards to create standards-aligned material and evaluate the rigor of Edmentum’s curricular assets.
- Follow common writing and copyediting conventions that reflect Edmentum style.
- Use collaborative decision-making processes and exercise sound judgement by ensuring all stakeholders provide input to decisions. Understand the big picture of programs and projects in terms of market, schedule, and cost parameters to enable sound decision-making practices.
- Ensure projects meet business needs by communicating business objectives to those on the project and understanding business parameters in decision-making. Seek opportunities to grow in understanding how business decisions are made and how the needs of the business intersect with product development practices, and how that impacts agency in decision making.
- Grow subject matter expertise and pedagogy as opportunities arise.
- Attend professional development through self-guided professional reading and training opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or content-related field; master’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in EdTech or educational publishing. Minimum 2 years in content development with high performance.
- Strong subject matter expertise
- In-depth understanding of digital learning and pedagogical practices in elementary and/or secondary education
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Expertise in Edmentum’s bespoke authoring tools
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent research, Internet, and technical skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills while maintaining quality
- Growth mindset and ability to embrace change
- Positive and high-energy attitude
- Experience working on projects in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to learn new applications
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here