Engine No. 1 is an investment firm purpose-built to lead the next generation of investing. We use ESG data to drive economic value. We believe creating value for shareholders cannot be separated from the impact companies have on their stakeholders, and that the largest driver of long-term value will be the investments companies make in jobs, workers, communities, and the environment. The firm will invest as an active, engaged owner in public and private companies to generate market-leading financial returns over the long term through private equity, concentrated funds, and both index and active ETFs.
As a young investment company, Engine No. 1 is seeking enthusiastic and highly engaged professionals to join us in advancing our mission. The ideal teammate is intellectually honest, proactive and flexible, constantly learning and improving, committed to advancing innovation across the industry, and upholds the highest integrity standards. The Engine No. 1 team is leading the movement towards a more sustainable and inclusive capitalism. Join us.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Engine No. 1 is seeking a Content Marketing Lead to manage and execute content strategies across digital channels to support key business goals and priorities. This individual will be a key member of the Marketing team and is responsible for establishing our content pillars and creating content for B2B and B2C audiences. The role will support Engine No. 1’s strategic narrative, help shape how we tell our story in an engaging, differentiated way, and allow our brand to make meaningful connections with our audiences.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing both short and long-form content and editing copy for consistency of brand tone and voice. This role is perfect for someone who is both creative (develop compelling and engaging stories aligned to key themes) and strategic (deliver content to target audiences via the right channels).
- Conceptualize and produce compelling content for B2B and B2C audiences (individual investors, financial advisors, and institutional investors).
- Create, maintain, and execute content strategies and editorial calendars for marketing campaigns in close collaboration with Sales and Product teams.
- Create engaging thought leadership stories and persuasive messaging to help drive brand awareness, engagement, and product adoption.
- Adapt messaging and designs by channel, including web, email, social media, video, infographics, paid media, partnership platforms, podcasts, and webinars.
- Become versed in brand standards and customer segments (needs, motivations, challenges, voice), and tailor messaging for audience segments.
- Own, champion and govern the voice, tone and style guidelines for Engine No. 1.
- Organize and prioritize content project requests, including creating project plans and timelines. Track and report progress on content engagement and results.
- 8+ years content and writing experience, including editorial strategy, copywriting, editing and proofreading. Experience writing for B2B, B2C audiences in financial services. Experience with industry verticals (Climate, Energy, Technology, and Healthcare) is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or other related degrees. Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics.
- Exceptional editorial and storytelling skills, with experience developing short- and long-form articles, as well as infographic outlines and video scripts.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as ability to build collaborative relationships and effectively partner across teams.
- Proven end-to-end project management with the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of professionalism and flexibility - equally comfortable working independently and as a team.
- Highly creative, bringing a diverse perspective that makes content stand out.
- Experience with project management and production tools (Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style.
Please note: Writing samples will be required if selected for an interview.
Engine No. 1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested? Apply for this role