The content marketing manager is responsible for managing EL’s content marketing strategy and the overall success of content marketing initiatives. This role guides the content marketing strategy, facilitates ongoing content planning, manages day-to-day content creation, editing, and promotion, and reports on the results of each content marketing initiative. In addition, the content marketing manager consistently demonstrates a positive and hardworking attitude, a continuous commitment to personal and process improvement, and the ability to build strong partnerships, one employee and one customer/carrier at a time, and by working by EL’s COACHTeam core values.
- Establishes positive relationships with division leadership and other team members to develop compelling content strategies that promote brand awareness, drive leads, and increase market share.
- Produces and publishes effective mass communications, white papers, and case studies that meet pre-determined goals.
- Consistently builds positive online presence and follower engagement to meet growth targets.
- Conceptualizes, writes, and edits impactful printed materials, publications, and contributed content.
- Demonstrates writing excellence and understanding of brand voice when crafting content.
- Exhibits vital collaboration behaviors.
- Sees taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities as routine behavior.
- Demonstrates strong leadership ability.
- Effectively performs all other duties, as assigned.
Key/Lead Performance Indicators (Responsibilities and Day-to-day Effort and Activity)
- Prepare and manage content marketing plans for multiple business divisions.
- Create and oversee content creation in support of content marketing plans and related editorial calendars.
- Create, publish, and maintain content on the EL blog, website, and social media channels.
- Apply SEO strategies.
- Conduct competitor research and analysis.
- Ensure all content adheres to the content style guide to protect our brand voice.
- Publish and promote content to the right audience at the right time using a pre-defined promotional strategy.
- Manage content-related tasks within the primary content team and across various departments.
- Establish effective communication with clients.
- Ensure EL team members receive the information they need promptly.
- Conduct appropriate training for new writers, editors, and other collaborators.
- Evaluate and report on content performance and share findings and interpretation with the rest of the marketing team.
- Report and be accountable monthly to stakeholders regarding content performance.
- Use reporting tools such as Excel to track monthly and annual results and generate visuals to demonstrate outcomes.
- Test and measure new content strategies and opportunities.
- Manage the budget established for content purposes.
- Stay aware of the latest content trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to conceptualize and develop copy for various promotional campaigns.
- Plan and execute executive thought-leadership strategies.
- Identify opportunities to contribute content to appropriate publications.
- Create marketing presentation content for stakeholders.
- Identify issues and trends on the horizon and prepare for them.
- Proofread written marketing communications as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry communications practices.
Tools and Resources
- MS Office
- WordPress or similar website management tool
- Google Analytics and Search Console
- SEO and keyword research tools such as SEMrush
- Email marketing tools
- Social media platforms
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- BS/BA in public relations, communications, or relevant field with at least five years of related experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the content marketing field.
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with an editorial mindset.
- Strong understanding of additional fields such as analytics, SEO, and social media.
- Basic know-how of web design and best practices.
- Critical and research-oriented thinking.
- Proven results in audience targeting.
- Solid understanding of the concept and execution of storytelling.
- Sharp time and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to make decisions.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to fully understand and engage audiences.
- Adaptable with a strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and manage others with confidence.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient command of English.
Interested? Apply for this role