Lead UX Content Writer, Unified Experiences
Evernorth (The Cigna Group)
Remote | EST hours | $75 hour
Include a note or cover letter explaining your past experience working on universal capabilities, working with multiple design and content teams at once, and partnering with design systems teams to build reusable components for standardized product flows. For the best visibility, submit a resume including a link to any available writing or content design samples relevant to this role with your application materials. We will carefully review all applicants and follow up with interest.
About the Role
Do you have experience working in UX Content Design across Product and Design Systems teams to help stand up reusable UX and UI content elements, components, patterns and flows? Have you dabbled in LLMs and AI use to extend and scale content reuse for product experience language? Part creative, part standards, part technical and many parts influence, this role will be responsible for writing and aligning high-quality product UX content for complex user journeys such as registration and login flows, profile management, provider search, scheduling, and more to be used across our product experiences. This role will work with a broad group of performance-driven Experience Design, Product, and Design System resources unifying the experiences our users encounter across brands to provide internal and external gains in consistency and reuse.
- Passionate about the future of product UX content experience scalability.
- Able to thrive in a very fluid work environment, and pivot when needed.
- An expert in content experience reusability, automation and partnered efforts with design systems teams.
- Experienced in partnering with design systems resources to stand up content patterns, components, and reuse mechanisms.
- Deeply collaborative, able to influence, and to bring teams together to solve problems.
- People-focused and wants to design and build products that truly have a scalable and meaningful impact.
- Able to offer superb verbal, written and presentation skills, with attention to detail and an ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict/drive consensus.
- Able to think outside of the box while focusing on and finishing the task at hand.
- Willing to ask questions, ask for information, contribute ideas and participate in group conversations.
This role will require you to:
- Collaborate effectively on a distributed team of disparate talents across several time zones.
- Think critically—find solutions v. problems, focus on outcomes v. activity, seek the right information, see around corners and plan ahead.
- Influence designs toward the most usable, and reusable content hierarchy.
- Simplify complex ideas into outcomes and influence partners toward alignment.
- Supply and accept constructive, considered insights.
- Marry business goals with user intentions and needs – challenge teams to lean into better experiences and commit to outcomes.
- Meet the needs of Content Design leadership, Design Systems leadership and product leaders simultaneously.
- Help build content design foundational processes, standards, metrics definition, and engagement protocols.
- Contribute content design excellence to the organization’s larger design system.
- Oversee alignment to our voice and tone, style, and reuse standards.
Experience we’d like to see:
- 10+ years progressive professional experience including 6-8 combined years of digital content writing and/or UX content design experience.
- Experience working within and for design systems to help stand up reusable UX and UI content elements, components, patterns and flows.
- Weighing in as the final say in collaborative content review and critique sessions.
- Folding in of primary and secondary research and qualitative and quantitative inputs into language, tone, and content approach.
- Understanding and oversight of content KPIs/success metrics; exposure to means/methods of measuring content design success.
Skills and Requirements:
- Expert-level content design collaboration in high and low-fidelity tools such as collaboration tools including Figma, Figjam, Writer AI, Confluence, Webex, MS Office, email, etc.
- Understanding of LLMs, how they impact content design thinking, and work with AI tools to extend content design governance and models.
- Exposure to WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines as they relate to UX content.
- Background in UX writing/content design for both mobile apps and web experiences.
- BS in writing, journalism, UX or similar.
Nice to have:
- Experience with both B2B & B2C audiences
- Experience with consumer healthcare products