This position may be site-based or remote.
The Exact Sciences Customer & Digital Experience (CDX) team is responsible for defining, driving, and delivering innovative, immersive, memorable customer-centric journeys for all of our customers, across all channels (digital and physical). These journeys are grouped by Customer Types (e.g., Patient, Provider) and further categorized into a set of Experiences (e.g., Understand Risks & Complete Screening, Confirm Diagnosis). Each Experience has a set of specific, measurable Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that the overall team is accountable to fulfill.
The UX writer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and deploying customer-facing content for customer experience initiatives. The UX writer is an independent contributor who can work with minimal supervision and who is willing to think creatively and make independent decisions within the scope of their assigned work. This individual will compose clear communications designed to enhance the customer experience in a coherent and concise manner, partnering with technical and commercial leaders to ensure accuracy. This individual develops and refines UX writing content such as website copy, patient support documentation, training materials, and direct patient/provider messaging campaign content. This position will be responsible for content while working both independently and collaboratively as part of the UX Writing team. The position will have an active role in the definition and evolution of Exact Sciences standard communication practices and experiences.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced understanding of UX design principles and techniques.
- Work on individual assignments and lead team projects appropriate to meet department and project objectives.
- Ensure alignment to standardized voice and tone, along with other content standards / best practices.
- Collaborates with content strategists, experience designers, experience product managers, and UX researchers to craft language to be used across touchpoints (digital and physical) to ensure consistent user experience.
- Lead projects to create and evolve documentation by hosting meetings and driving medical, legal, and regulatory reviews of copy as needed.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for the greatest reader comprehension.
- Produce high-quality communications that meet applicable standards appropriate for the intended audience.
- Revise, edit, or update instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary.
- Create, adapt, and follow project schedules and deadlines.
- Remain up to date on product developments and communication requirements.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Excellent SEO-Friendly writing and copy-editing skills in English.
- Strong time management skills, including prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills, including an aptitude for multitasking.
- Strong verbal communication and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to act with an inclusive mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to travel 5% of the working time away from the work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communications, Design, Computer Science, or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma and 3 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of experience in a UX writing/technical writing or related role and/or Business Process Management, Business Continuous Improvement or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience working within a regulated document control environment.
- Proficient with basic computer skills including Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience in supporting the creation of experiences that are translated across multiple languages.
- Proficient in Figma or similar UX design platform.
- Healthcare (diagnostic/device/pharmaceutical marketing, sales, and/or reimbursement) experience.
- Experience working with data platforms and leveraging data sets.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.