The Technical Writer will create and revise technical documents such as IT operating procedures, user guides, IT communications, IT policies and IT M&A process/documentation. The ideal candidate should be able to translate highly technical operational and product information into a digestible format for our users and stakeholders. This role will interact with internal and external stakeholders and directly contribute to the long-term success of the company's core platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work closely with IT Operations teams, IT M&A team, Product Owners, and business stakeholders to create and maintain training material, user guides and descriptions of product functionality to document current processes and newly released functionalities.
- Join and contribute to weekly IT Operations meetings regarding projects and upcoming releases.
- Maintain the IT TEAMS channel and the internal IT intranet page.
- Oversee team collaboration with IT Operations, IT M&A and other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, and installation/configuration instructions.
- Work closely with the Service Desk team as well as IT Operations to translate new functionality into training videos, FAQs, and one-pagers to describe new or changing functionality.
- Write for various audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators.
- Establish team documentation policies and procedures, conforming to existing styles, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong writing and technical editing skills.
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from leadership, technology, support, and product management.
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and technical and non-technical user documentation.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others (technical specifications, RFP responses, etc.), ensuring a consistent "look and feel."
Education, Training and Experience:
- Two years of experience in writing complex documentation for IT organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications preferred, but not required
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- This position will report to the headquarters office in Atlanta, GA however there will be some Work-From-Home flexibility
Interested? Apply for this role