Experis, a division of ManpowerGroup, has partnered with an American automotive manufacturer of motorcycles, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and neighborhood electric vehicles for a contract Technical Writer position.
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Responsible for researching, designing, writing, editing, publishing, and maintaining a variety of business process documentation. Deliverables primarily include processes, procedures, process maps, and work instructions. Documentation may be used by business teams as reference material or by business teams responsible for developing and delivering training on a given subject. Complexity of writing assignments varies by topic. More complex assignments may include creating documentation to support new products, system enhancements, new market segments/lines of business or additional business audiences, compliance, risk management, and/or internal or external audits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs initial, independent research of the subject to ensure Subject Matter Expert (SME) resource time is used effectively.
- Identifies business impacts across the organization to ensure processes and procedures provide accurate guidance to primary and secondary audiences.
- Assesses and understands audience needs, including defining the appropriate type of document, scope, and level of detail.
- Performs product management duties, defining scope, objectives, deliverables, and timeline of each documentation project. Sets expectations with SMEs and other project resources (as applicable).
- Drives adherence to project expectations by ensuring documentation is developed and published accurately and timely.
- Facilitates documentation development discussions, demos, or job shadowing sessions with SMEs to collect relevant information. SMEs may represent project teams, business users, systems developers, or a combination of these roles.
- Leads process mapping discussions and provides best practice process guidance/recommendations.
- Clarifies complex or technical content into clear, non-technical information for business team audiences.
- Adheres to documentation standards, styles, and publication standards using existing tools and templates. Makes improvement recommendations on these as needed to support changing business needs.
- Participates in peer review and editing to ensure consistency of style, tone, and accuracy of content across the technical writing team.
- Supports the development of business solutions, participates in special projects, assists with team administrative duties, or performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Technical Writing, Process Improvement, or a related field.
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly.
- Exceptional skill in creating grammatically correct text, and an ability to write accurately, succinctly, and with minimal need for editing/proofing.
- Experience in creating single-sourced documentation (conditional text) to create output in more than one format (for example, PDF, HTML, Web).
- Experience in creating detailed and summary process maps in Visio.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools / methods
- Strong Project Management skills and understanding of project management tools/methods.
- Ability to conduct analysis using multiple data resources.
- Ability to create / manage SharePoint sites. General Web development and ability to use HTML CSS – Nice to have.
Interested? Apply for this role