PRIMARY RESULTS AREA/GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the marketing department in increasing leisure and business travel to Utah Valley. Our marketing team is looking for a digital native who has an understanding of digital marketing, analytics, SEO, blog management, website best practices and more.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Creation of blogs, e-newsletters, and web site pages
- Develop and publish SEO-rich content for a company-branded website
- Updating and creating listings on the website
- Maintain and update website through interactive administrative tools and back-end databases. Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely information to ensure authority.
- Continually update and maintain the most recent technology advances for Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing.
- Produce monthly site-visitation statistics. Including reports for various online promotions; identifying opportunities to improve navigation, program changes, upgrades and content modifications.
- Update destination information on sites that link to UtahValley.com and work to increase visibility on other high-traffic sites. Coordinate marketing/content integration (logo, reciprocal links, etc.)
- Marketing projects with 3rd party vendors
- Assist with reports, slide show presentations, etc.
- Become familiar with EUV data and research tools/platforms
- Familiarization and adherence to EUV’s brand identity
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
- A basic understanding of important SEO factors including quality content, keyword focus, URL structure, etc
- Hands-on experience building compelling landing pages and microsites
- Familiarity with SEO platforms like SEMRush
- Experience with research using data analytics software
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms
- Recognize and explore tourism trends
- Interact professionally with stakeholders, committees, and staff
A college/university degree in marketing is preferred, but not required. Or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Proficient in Microsoft Office and or Google Workspace/office suite. Site management experience is helpful. An emphasis on internet-related software & skills (backend databases, HTML, etc.) is preferable.
Interested? Apply for this role