Facebook Reality Labs is exploring the potential of virtual and augmented reality to bring people together in new ways. We are designing technologies that help people to create, share meaningful moments, and build communities using the unique qualities of these immersive new mediums. We aim to develop experiences that put people first, defining a future where virtual reality enables us to connect with the people and content we care about like never before.
Facebook Reality Labs is seeking a Content Strategist to develop sourcing and distribution strategies for the Content organization, with a focus on media entertainment categories in Horizon - an avatar-based, virtual world “metaverse.” This position will work closely with our programming, product, research, analytics, and marketing teams to identify content inventory of various format types and distribute and promote content effectively within Horizon.
Content Strategist, Horizon Media Entertainment Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally to define audience targets, outline inventory gaps, and identify opportunities to better engage those targets.
- Prioritize content programming based on performance and goal-driven metrics, to ensure successful results in collaboration with a cross-functional team.
- Support go-to-market planning for content releases - communicating strategy and goals, contribute to quantitative analysis, suggesting technical solutions, and designing new processes to optimize outcomes.
- Analyze behavioral and/or third-party data to provide insights supporting business decisions and conceive and implement new ways to connect and visualize data to support content initiatives.
- Assist in development and reporting of content KPIs for Horizon.
- Stay abreast of VR, television, OTT and research industry news, trends and methodologies.
- Develop and execute strategies for better discovery and awareness of programming within Horizon and Oculus.
- 7+ years of experience working in strategy & planning, programming, content marketing, or content analytics functions at a digital platform, tech company, media company or relevant industry.
- Experience understand complex problems and stakeholder sets and drive business impact and measurable results.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, influencing and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment.
- Understanding of content partners, content business models, and the overall media landscape.
- High attention to detail and facility documenting workflows, schedules, and trackers.
- Strategy, planning and presentation experience, expert at clarifying and summarizing key issues.
- Experience and knowledge of social platforms and products.
- Experience with data analyses and insights, e.g. ROI analyses on a digital platform.
- Experience building and adapting new market or business strategies.
- Experience with content and video management systems.
- Awareness of current trends in pop culture, entertainment, sports and gaming.
- Interest in new technology and the AR/VR industry.
- Experience communicating external partner feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Experience with data analysis and track record of making data-driven programming decisions.
- Experience with Salesforce, SAP or other ERP, CRM tools.
- Solid understanding of current trends in pop culture, sports, gaming, and entertainment.
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
Interested? Apply for this role