Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30 million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA-regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
At a brand level, we want to be brave, intelligent & kind. A brand that breaks stigmas and demands accessibility. We want to redefine a space that is full of fear, confusion, pain and hope.
We are looking for a Content Designer who can distill complex messages and communicate them simply and convincingly in a complex market. We want someone who is motivated by the impact of their writing on our Members, speaking to their needs and telling the story of who we are as a brand. We want someone who cares deeply about what they do, so much so it is infectious.
Currently UK-focused, we will be expanding to the US by mid-2023, this role will be instrumental in the GTM plans surrounding this entry.
We launched in Feb 2022 and rebranded at the end of last year - see case study here.
This role includes:
- Ownership in communicating information across the entire Gaia experience; online and offline
- Defining and delivering content that elegantly and effectively explains complex propositions and offerings in the simplest way possible
- Working closely across all areas of the business, hand in hand with product & brand design.
- Can manage content from explanatory single sentences to more in-depth informational pieces
Language & Tone Of Voice
- Ownership of our tone of voice, the words we use, the words we don’t
- Ensuring we have a golden thread across every communication touch - from the homepage to our Member Support script
- Responsible for any copy needs from UX micro-copy through to email body and subject lines
- A brand guardian, empowering everyone in the organisation to speak and write with confidence too
For the role, you will need to have:
- A love and passion for words and the power of language
- A high level of empathy
- Driven by insights and research
- A good degree of comfort with analytical tools such as Looker/Tableau, and Google suite, understanding the importance of quantifying your work
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing and leveraging rigorous creative testing methodologies
- You enjoy working in the intersection of copy and design
- Experience at a D2C company is a plus
- Experience in the healthcare or financial product industry is a plus
As a Gaia team member, you will need to:
- Go for gold: Excellence is contagious. Have high expectations and hold yourself and your team to them.
- Default to open: Speak up, admit mistakes and share your knowledge so that we can support each other.
- Check your mirrors: We work in fertility and finance - the stakes are high so ask why, and practice second-order thinking.
- Disregard the status quo: We prioritise big ideas and proactively look to make things better.
- Be dynamos: We want momentum, so we take ownership, turn up with positive energy and routinely ask if we can get there faster.
What we offer
- Pension, health insurance, parental leave and professional development budget (up to £1,000 a year)
- How we work: 3 days in the office (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday), 2 days optional at home and August remote
- Community: from quiz nights to gym classes, team lunches and celebrations, we are building a team where we value each other both in and outside of work
- Our office: Great Western Studios, in Westbourne Park.