We are a team of passionate transformers who believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering technology-related innovations that improve government operations. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diverse work culture because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of IT, from our diverse staff to the end products we develop. Are you ready to join our team of transformers?
We're seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to join our team! You'll help improve the digital presence and brand awareness of both our corporate and Media and Research segments within the Federal IT industry. Reporting to the Sr Marketing Manager, you'll work within a collaborative team to support content creation for paid and organic social media, search, and email campaigns. This is a fully remote position, and you'll be best suited for this position if you have experience in digital marketing, working within a distributed team, have excellent communication and project management skills, are self-directed, and have demonstrated experience improving KPIs
- Perform keyword research, competitive analysis, and audience research to inform campaign strategy and targeting.
- Craft and test compelling headlines, subject lines, intro copy, and CTAs for sponsored marketing campaigns.
- Craft compelling copy/creative tags for search ads.
- Support social strategy and content creation as requested.
- Support content strategy as needed.
- Write, edit, and optimize content for the website, social channels, email newsletters, and other digital products for GovCIO corporate team and Media and Research team.
- Manage SEO campaigns and content integration.
- Regularly offer new and creative content ideas.
- Update and maintain website content, ensuring content is accurate, compelling, and current.
- Support the development of landing pages for paid campaigns.
- Ensure website SEO optimization to maximize page rank and presence of primary search engines.
- Support other marketing initiatives as needed.
- BA/BS in Marketing or a related field or equivalent working experience.
- 3-5 years of marketing and content creation experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Ability to recommend, implement, and optimize content for marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of website content strategies.
- Experience using social media management platforms (Oktopost, Hootsuite, Sprout, etc.)
- Positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and ability to work independently.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to be a forward thinker and generate engaging ideas to support marketing efforts.
- Proven ability to build and maintain team relationships in geographically dispersed locations.
- Strong computer proficiency in a variety of applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with WordPress is required.
- Experience working with SEO tools such as Yoast SEO, Moz, and SEMrush.
- Knowledge of creating and updating email campaigns and templates, creating segments and scheduling within the email newsletter platform (Marketo).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with Drupal.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience within the META Business Suite.
- Experience using Oktopost social media platform or ZoomInfo.
- Experience with Canva.
- Working knowledge of B2G marketing, lead generation and growth marketing tactics, and project management tools such as Monday and Trello.
- Experience with government consulting or contracting.
We're excited to expand our team with a Content Marketing Specialist who is ready to make a difference in government IT. If you're a transformer at heart and meet the qualifications listed above, please apply!
Education Level: No formal educational credential