Giant Food, the market leader in the mid-Atlantic, with over 160 stores across DC, DE, MD and VA, seeks to grow its critical digital marketing department by investing in a online content manager who is hyper-focused on ensuring every visitor to our powerful eCommerce site (Giantfood.com), is met with a clear and compelling brand experience that live up to the core values of our business.
This position plays a pivotal role in driving the online introduction of the Giant brand while also supporting the growth of eCommerce sales through Giant’s pickup and delivery products accessed through their website. This role will serve as the chief brand-side lead to evaluate the marketing content located throughout the site in an effort to increase brand advocacy, site views, interaction and associated sales. Finding the balance between Giant storytelling, seasonal campaigns, critical promotions, and the rich content that Giant delivers through healthy living, pharmacy, recipes, cause marketing and other compelling stories.
This position thrives in collaboration with a range of internal resources, including copywriters, digital design teams, subject matter experts, and outside vendors who all contribute to the strength of the content and interaction with Giantfood.com.
Success in the role includes the following key goals:
- Delivering quantified site engagement (visits, repeats, orders, revenue)
- Improving the brand alignment through giantfood.com in support of the brand vision
- Developing an editorial calendar of content, as well as improvements of current content pillars
- Identifying new digital engagement opportunities that could improve the site’s ability to attract and retain our best shoppers
- Enhancing content opportunities for cross-channel usage and support for consistent brand representation
Key responsibilities of this critical digital role can include:
- Responsible for executing a cohesive digital experience on giantfood.com, the corresponding digital apps, and any customer-facing micro-sites that aligns to the organizations brand and commercial plan.
- Establishing and maintaining a digital content calendar
- Collaboration with subject matter experts and channel owners (offsite digital, social, in-store, direct marketing) to partner on cross-channel content initiatives – that drive the core Brand stories
- Responsible for managing marketing content with external and internal partners to ensure clarity of submission, off, content and imagery on giantfood.com in accordance with the brand and content strategies.
- Coordination with internal copywriters, designers, merchandising and other department SMEs to inform the development of appropriate content
- Reporting on a range of digital KPIs and insights tied to site engagement and revenue delivery. Sharing results with internal partners of site results, insights and acting as an advocate for investment in Giantfood.com
- Routine examination of Giantfood.com site and internal DMP for new opportunities to grow content area opportunities
Requirements to succeed in this role should include:
- 3+ year(s) of experience in digital media/marketing or direct marketing
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and impact on company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate clearly and positively
- Ability to multitask and effectively apply time management
Preferred skills/background may include:
- Experience with digital content management
- Organization, communication, and project management
- Prior work with eCommerce organizations
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, or relevant field
26th May 2023
Place of work