Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Content Strategist who will be responsible for formulating, advising approach, and executing content partnerships for clients. The Senior Content Strategist will work with the team including account, brand strategists, media strategists, creatives, and analytics to ensure that the content is aligned with the client's overall marketing efforts. We are looking for individuals who possess a creative and entrepreneurial drive, and are excited to create intrinsically smart work in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively translate marketing objectives, insights, and strategies into innovative and interactive custom content solutions. While working within the content discipline, candidates must also display an aptitude for the entire marketing ecosystem (e.g. brand planning, media planning, social, creative, etc.).
- Understand all phases of content creation, with and without a publishing partner: research and strategic planning to execution and production with publisher partners, ongoing maintenance, and optimization to channel programming and analysis, ensuring all content achieves measurable business objectives
- Work with clients and internal team to identify brand and campaign objectives and goals while establishing specific KPIs for content and engagement across all media platforms and partners
- Collaborate with account, creative, strategy and analytics team members during brainstorms to ensure content ideas are on strategy
- Ability to translate marketing briefs, insights, and strategies into innovative digital, social and interactive and custom content ideas
- Monitor metrics to assess, interpret success and optimize content
- Develop client-facing campaign content strategy decks and wrap reports
- Manage workflow and process with the development of content with publishing partners, internal creative teams, and/or client
- Use knowledge of trends in content experience to drive innovation throughout the clients’ content portfolio
- Create clear, concise and compelling work that is both internal and client-facing such as presentations, POVs, and other deliverables as necessary
- Stay up-to-date and maintain fluency with the latest cultural trends, social tactics, platform evolution, and industry news.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in content development, brand strategy, management consulting, or a related industry with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong cross-functional communication skills with the ability to represent the Content Strategy & Production team and its mission to a broad range of internal and external partners
- Comfortable emailing, Slacking, and presenting to internal teams and clients
- Highly collaborative, and a specialist in balancing a variety of needs across a company
- Adaptable and can cope well with evolving context, formats and platforms
- Understands how to craft a compelling narrative across different channels, knows how to match the message to the medium
- Comfortable in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong understanding of the cultural trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Digitally connected and passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. At Giant Spoon, we believe that the only way to earnestly foster inclusivity is through combatting a culture of sameness. We are an agency that strives to build an inclusive workplace dynamically rooted in our differences. What makes you different is your greatest asset here—so feel comfortable (and excited) to bring your full self and make smart, impactful work.
Interested? Apply for this role