This position will support marketing and communications and establish and maintain industry expertise for the Specialty Markets Group. The Content Marketing Specialist will work closely with the Director, Strategic Marketing, and assist with a variety of marketing initiatives that help align sales and marketing. The successful candidate will be a team player that will have proven experience in the planning, development and implementation of content marketing strategies and activities. Primary responsibilities include writing, editing, creating and curating content for digital marketing and communication materials. Additionally, this role assists in a variety of creative marketing functions, email campaigns, trade shows and industry events.
- Along with the Director, Strategic Marketing, this person will develop, coordinate and schedule consistent marketing campaign content to attract, engage and convert our target personas.
- Write and create various types of optimized content on a consistent basis, including blogs, whitepapers, case studies, etc. in support of other projects and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and our email subscriptions.
- Build and manage our editorial calendar and grow our subscriber base by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
- Collaborate with sales, other marketing team members, technology liaisons, as well as internal and external subject matter experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our target audience.
- Grow new leads and cross-selling leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, website landing pages, lead generation content and nurture campaigns.
- The successful candidate will be highly creative, naturally curious and excited to develop fresh internal and external ideas for projects and communications.
- Provide marketing support for our sales team for industry events, hosted events and webinars.
- Adapt and learn new technology applications and contribute to the execution and design of marketing and communication materials leveraging company software and tools.
- Analyze and report on content performance and ROI. Manage to KPIs and use data to continually optimize our process to convert customers; the ideal candidate will not be afraid to experiment and test.
- Maintain current and thorough understanding of the Specialty Markets Group vertical markets and the B-2-B customers we serve.
- Assist in the maintenance of a consistent, positive image for the company.
- For all GreatAmerica team members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability
- For this position: Creativity, Curiosity, Communication (Written and verbal), Detail Oriented, Project Management, Reliability, Self-Motivated, Time Management, Working Under Pressure, Multitasking
- Bachelor’s degree required – Marketing, Journalism, English and/or Communication Majors preferred.
- 1-4 years of content development and campaign creation experience. Experience with an inbound marketing platform and proficiency in Hubspot and Salesforce, a plus.
- Strong writing, proofing and editing abilities is required.
- Attention to detail in managing projects and creative development and execution of marketing programs and materials is a must.
Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, aptitude to learn HubSpot Marketing Automation Software, Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management Software, and other marketing and presentation software, as needed.
- Desired skills include project management skills, baseline skills for utilizing technology and software, as well as excellent interpersonal skills for supporting internal and external customers.
- Attendance during business hours with minimal absences per the GreatAmerica attendance policy is expected. This includes some participation in out of town work that requires nights and weekends (i.e. tradeshows, trainings, conferences, etc.).
At GreatAmerica, we’re looking to grow our business through our people. Are you looking to grow your career? If so, submit your application at www.greatamerica.com/careers.
Interested? Apply for this role